24 days

HEYYYY NEW CHAPTER FINALLY, thank you to those who supported me and this chapter is dedicated to missing_poster enjoyyyyy :))

Will wasn't the jealous type. Guys who were 6'0, with good genetics, and a full head of hair weren't jealous. He wasn't of who got better test scores than him. Not those with better parents. Not those who beat him in Mario Kart.  He wasn't because "jealousy is torment to yourself" and well, what type of person would he be if he didn't listen to his own dad?

A jealous person that is.

It started during their tedious morning ritual, they were supposed to have a debate about who they would bring back in time if they could. Will was a bit excited until Roman opened his mouth. Will was genuinely curious about what went around in Roman's head up there, but he highly doubted even a neurologist could answer his question. Roman spent a good 10 minutes, explaining how a time travel machine could never work and that the after-effects of saving someone would be too great to even be worth it. Will was surprised he listened during physics, but he said he got it all from Marvel, which also did not shock him.

After some responses from Roman who said people he didn't even know of, they finished. He was glad but of course, he couldn't get peace when Roman pulled out a TV remote of today's box. Roman's face lit up in a way he'd never seen it as he dashed out the door, sliding across the floor with his socks before he jumped on the couch.

This is when the first pang of jealousy hit. He let Roman away with his TV as he began to make breakfast, finding being the housewife of the house annoying, but he carried on. When he set the table and placed all the food nicely he called Roman for breakfast. He didn't get the usual response of "Alright" or "You better not have poisoned it," He got an "I'm not hungry."

What the hell did that mean?! Will scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, turning to see Roman tucked away in his blankets with his attention all over the new TV.

The jealousy settled in his stomach, but he ignored it, not really understanding what he felt except annoyance. So he ate alone, watching Roman giggle at the TV and stare so intensely.

The second pang of jealousy was when he got ready to go to the beach and was about to leave the door. The problem was, however many times Will said no and refused for Roman to come, he would come. Every time Roman heard the door open, he was running, already changed and ready. But he didn't even get a glance.

"I'm going to the beach." Will blurted out once the door was open, but the boy didn't even flinch or say anything except with a grunt. He didn't even receive a word, just an incoherent sound. He left with an odd feeling in his body, somehow a little hurt. He watched the few people on the beach, a large amount of couples there messing around and laughing. He watched some surf, remembering how Roman could barely stand on his board. He played with the sand a bit, remembering the sand castles they made. He felt alone.