Chapter Fifty-two/Fifty-three

The steady vibration of the engine sharply cut off as the coach came to a steady stop in our school

parking lot. I'd spent the past three hours sat next to Mia while trying to find sly ways to trick her into calling me her boyfriend.

My efforts were met with absolutely zero success, of course and she seemed as vigilant as ever in her desire to torture me. She even decided to rub it in multiple times that I couldn't kiss her, by doing purposefully seductive shit throughout the entire journey. Everything from the way she decided to slowly eat the icing off her cupcake, to the way she repeatedly and slowly kept applying her lip balm near to ever damn time I looked at her lips, proved to me she knew exactly what she was doing.

With a sigh, I watched as Mia threw me one last satisfied smile before hopping off her seat and making her way into the aisle to file off the bus with the rest of the students. She was enjoying this far too much.

I pressed my lips together stubbornly, wanting to drag her back into our row, and kiss her the way I'd been thinking about doing for the last three fucking hours.

Once we had gotten off the coach, and we'd collected our bags form the bag storage, I stepped towards Mia with what I hoped was a seductive, please let me kiss you kind of smile. Clearly it wasn't because before I even got close, Mia smiled then proceeded to blow me one of those pathetic air kisses goodbye before turning away.

I struck into action almost immediately. "Oh no you don't missy," I said as I grabbed a hold of her wrist and hauled her back to me. I deserved better than that after being riled up purposefully for hours on end.

"Missy?" Mia laughed, amusment shining in her eyes.

"Whatever," I said with the roll of my eyes. "I'm not sure what that flying kiss crap was, but I want a proper goodbye kiss," I snapped stubbornly.

Mia's eyes rocked between mine with a flirtatious smile, before her eyes dropped to my lips. Finally, she was seeing reason. Smiling in relief, I grabbed a hold of her chin and leaned in to kiss her.

Just at the last minute, Mia jerked her head and my lips landed on her cheek instead. I groaned in frustration, and pulled away.

Mia looked up at me with a far too smug smile to her face. You know the rules, Ethan. I'm not your girlfriend until you ask and no kissing until then," she teased.

I threw my arms in the air. "You already are my gilfriend," I cried in exasperation.

Mia simply laughed. "Goodbye, Ethan," she called out in song.

Then turning on her heel, she walked quickly off before I had sense to grab her and headed towards Chloe's car where her friends were waiting for her.

I glared off at her, with narrowed eyes. She looked over her shoulder briefly as she walked, then laughed hard when she took in my vexed expression. Oh, so she thinks this is funny, does she?

My eyes narrowed further.

She soon climbed into the backseat, and the car soon pulled off and drove out onto the road beside me. I caught Mia in the window as she went by, and I gave her a smile before pulling my hand out my pocket and presenting her with my middle finger.

Yes, I know, loving boyfriend of the year award, goes to me.

Mia's mouth parted almost immediately, and she shook her head at me. I bit back my smile at her expression, and watched as the car retreated away.

Just as I was about to turn around, and try and find Lucas, a gentle hand suddenly landed on my chest.

I turned in surprise, and found April staring at me with a startling wide smile while stepping too close to me. Definitely too close.