Chapter Five -Ethan's POV (part 2)

The loud sound of the boy's locker room jostled all around me as I made my way in through the door. Immediately, I headed over to my usual spot in the corner besides Lucas. 

"Hey man," I greeted as I threw my bag up onto the hook. 

Barely sparing him a glance, I pulled my top up over my head and started to fish around in my bag for my gym clothes.

"Why the hell are you grinning like an idiot?" Lucas piped up. 

I glanced his way in surprise and saw him staring at me with an eyebrow quirked up in amusement.

His question only made my smile grow wider. "Because I had a very special person visit me in the middle of the night," I chuckled, unable to wipe the smile from my face.

Lucas's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Who? Santa Claus?" he snorted.

I rolled my eyes at his stupidness, but still, my smile did not falter. "Nope, guess again. But this time, think hotter," I laughed.

Lucas blinked. "Me?" he guessed, without missing a beat.

 I narrowed my eyes. "No, you idiot. Why the hell would I be talking about you?" I scoffed.

 Lucas held his hands up in the air in defense. "Woah, Woah, Woah, calm down. It was a fair guess. You did say hotter, so it was only fair to assume you were talking about me," he argued as though he was just explaining simple facts.

I didn't even grace him with a response, and just rolled my eyes at him as I pulled my sweatshirt over my head.

"Okay, I give up, who visited you then?" Lucas smiled.

My wide grin returned to my face. "Mia, fucking Collins," I announced proudly.

 Lucas's eyes narrowed suspiciously, and his eyes searched over mine with caution. "Ethan, you know drugs are bad for you, right?" he asked slowly.

I rolled my eyes in frustration. "I'm not on drugs! This really happened! She climbed into my house through my bedroom window, and..and she took my hoodie," I argued.

Lucas gave me a sympathetic smile, the sort of one you might give to a mental-patient. "Mhm, hmm," he hummed, with the slow nod of his head.

I groaned, realizing he was still convinced that I was crazy. "Lucas, I'm-"

He interrupted me with a sigh. "Come on, Ethan, let's take a seat, okay?" he said softly as he put a hand on my shoulder. 

Despite my protest, he gently guided me down until we were both sat down on the changing room bench.

He rubbed my back comfortingly and gave me a weak smile. "Sometimes, when people really really want something, we start to imagine things, and we start to confuse them for reality. Do you understand what I'm saying, Ethan?" he said gently.

"I wasn't fucking imagining it," I snapped out in frustration. 

Lucas sighed. "Yes, you were. Your horny brain made all of this up, and it okay. I'm not going to judge you. I'm just here to give you support, okay," he explained gently.

Finally having enough of this, I whipped my phone out of my jean pocket. "Look, I'll prove it to you," I muttered as I started to swipe around on my phone in search of the security footage video.

He sighed once more. "Ethan, this is just getting sad now, and I really think you should-"

I shoved my phone in his face, and he was immediately silenced as he took in the picture. "Holy shit..," he whispered as he snatched away my phone to get a closer look.