28

I run as fast as I can. I feel like my heart is about to burst out of my chest, but I can't stop. Republic City is destroyed, but there's a new spirit portal. I don't know if my friends ok, and I don't know if they've managed to take down Kuvira. Everything is so crazy, and I don't
know what to do or how to feel.

"There they are!" Asami yells.

We come to a halt seeing everyone, including Kuvira's men, scattered around. There's Tenzin, there's Opal and the rest of the airbenders, there's Sue and her kids, there's Lin, there's Mako, and there's Bolin, almost everyone is here...

I stumble down into the crater where everyone seems to be. There's the new portal. Kuvira's weapon is destroyed. I freeze. It's actually over. Three years of traveling with Kuvira, and it's over. This is a big day for the Earth Kingdom- the world. My body, it feels like I've been hit by a satomobile. I can't believe how tired I am.

"Jade?" I hear someone call my name quietly.

I turn around to see Bolin. He looks awful, but I probably don't look any better. His hair is flat, his clothes are ripped, his skin is littered with cuts and bruises, and his once bright green eyes are now dull and tired. He carefully rests his brother against a large boulder before he makes his way over to me. I'm not Mako's biggest fan, but the poor guy looks awful. He must be in so much pain. What happened to them?

We don't say anything to each other. Bolin and I only rush over to each other and embrace. I'm not a hugger, but this feels nice. I try my best to keep it together. I'm so happy he's here, I'm happy he's alive. He caresses my head gently.

"You're alive," he says with a small laugh.

"You're alive," I respond as I take a good look at him. "It's over, right? Kuvira was taken down?"

"I don't think we have to worry about her anymore."

"I- good," I breath out, almost too speechless for words. "Finally... That was a lot of spirit energy... And Kitty?"

His face falls. I gulp.

"We don't know," he says. "Her, Korra, and Kuvira are all missing. It's like they've disappeared- but don't worry, we're going to find them."

"I know."

I won't stop looking, ever. Knowing Kuvira, she probably tried to get away, and Kitty and Korra are returning after apprehending her.

"We just have to keep searching," Mako says from afar. "They couldn't have gotten far."

...

I look up at the portal for a moment. We all watch as the sprits fly all around it, littering the sky. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed. Kitty's going to love this... Where could they be- where is she?

"The spirits have returned," Tenzin breathes out.

I know he must be so proud. First the airbenders, now there's a portal right in the heart of the city, the city his father created. I admit, this story is tragically beautiful. 

"And so has Korra!" Asami says excitingly.

My heart pounds. Wait, what did she say? Are they really back? I watch as Korra emerges from the portal. Before I can even form a thought, myself and Bolin rush over to them, along with everyone else.

"You're okay!" Bolin exclaims, laughing excitedly.

Everyone is crowding around them, I can't get a word in, and I can barely see. I need to see Kitty, I need to know if she's ok. There's Kuvira, and she looks awful. I've never seen her like this. She looks so defeated, and I can't say I'm sad about it. I've waited for this day for three years. I know I must sound heartless, but seeing her like this is a dream come true.