8

Present Day

It's been three years since Zaheer was taken down, three years since I left Zaofu, and three years since I left Suyin and her family utterly heartbroken. I'm not going to lie, it's been hard, especially for Kitty. I'm use to not having a family. My parents were never there for me, and my grandfather, the only one who cared about me, died years ago... But Kitty was only use to her family. Her and her sister were inseparable, and now they don't even talk.

The Avatar is still missing in action and has completely abandoned her sister after everything she's done for her. I respect the Avatar. They're the bridge between the physical and spirit world, and they keep us in balance. The Avatar has unbelievable power that I can only dream of. So yes, I respect the Avatar, but I do not respect Korra as a person. I don't doubt that she loves her sister, but she's selfish. She used Kitty their entire life and treated her like her maid, and now Kitty is stuck doing her job
and she can't even talk to her? It's not fair, and yet Kitty does it without complaint. Korra doesn't deserve her, no one does.

I wish Kitty would talk to me. I wish she'd be honest and just tell me how she's feeling. I know she's hurting. She doesn't even talk to Bolin about it! Excuse me as I speak freely, but what really pisses me off is that no one has appreciated her, ever. Her life is like some overdramatic plot of a book, it's unbelievable! She's nice and cares about everyone, yet they push her to the side and use her as their punching bag. Her sister, her father, Bolin's brother, everyone! The only people who have ever treated her with dignity and respect and doesn't utterly annoy me, is her mother and Bolin. I just don't understand how she can stay so dedicated to these jerks who don't value her as she deserves.

She means a lot to me, if you couldn't tell. And though he annoys me a lot, so does Bolin. I have never let myself get to attached to people, but with them... I want this to last forever, and it's driving me mad. It's rare that I feel this strongly about someone. Us traveling with Kuvira won't last forever, but I just don't want them to leave me. And the crazy part is, I know they won't. It's hard for me to vocalize my feelings sometimes. I bend rock because I am rock, hard to break and stubborn, but I hope they know I've got their backs... Even though sometimes they annoy me to the point where I want to pull my hair out.

"We just got some good news," Bolin starts as him and Kitty.

"Two more Earth Kingdom states have agreed to join us," Kitty finishes.

"Excellent! Thank you, Bolin and Kitty," Baatar Jr. thanks them politely.

I hate Baatar Jr. We grew up together, but I've never considered him like my family... Maybe I did for some time, but not like I did Huan, Opal, or the twins. The older we got, the more detached he seemed, but I never thought he'd betray his family like this. Suyin and Baatar Sr. gave him the world, and that still wasn't enough for him.

I watch carefully as Kitty hands him a folder. He turns to Kuvira who is looking at a map that hangs on the wall.

"We're ninety percent there, Kuvira."

"That's great!" Varrick exclaims happily. "Zhu Li, dish out some of that special celebration tea!"

Zhu Li salutes Varrick and goes off to get the tea as Kitty and I watch Kuvira closely as she metalbends two cutouts of states onto the map to which she faces. Zhu Li comes back, and we all accept the tea... except for Kuvira.

"None for me," she says. "I won't celebrate until the Earth Kingdom is one hundred percent reunited."

Kuvira is smart, and that's the problem. When you're faced with a person who is intelligent and has a superiority complex, it shouldn't be all that surprising that Kuvira would do this... Only it is because no one in a million years would've thought that Suyin's well trained and disciplined guard who she raised would have ever betray Suyin or her family, but she did, and that's a major problem. Especially when has Baatar Jr. is on her side.