Whereabouts

The next morning, Astrid had walked around the plaza to check Rider's whereabouts. She was trying to visit him for the past few days but Gobber always lured her away. She thought today would be different because she planned to pass above and around Gothi's house. By the time she finally entered the window she saw the bed was empty, looking around to find Rider but there was absolutely no trace of him. Astrid felt annoyed and started to search that Dragon Conquerer but first things first she needed to ask Gothi what happpened. As if she could understand the elder completely, her small hands gestured out the door, she did get the part that Rider had left with Gobber.

"Where did they headed to?" she asked

The elder just shrugged her shoulder stating that she had no idea where they have gone. Astrid then thanked the elder them started to run off down the stairs. Calming her nerves she couldn't believe that Rider would instantly leave without promising her last favor.

And that favor is to take her to Hiccup.

First of all she dropped off at the smithy's house where she surprisingly saw it was half open. Astrid brought out her axe for sudden attacks but all she saw was Gobber sleeping and had another mug of mead in his hand. She also heard him speak weird phrases like 'so happy' or 'he's alright' or 'he'll be chief soon' or 'truly a heart of a dragon'

She double check the place for any clues but it seems like she couldn't see any. Finally she gave up and asked for the gang's help to find Rider. She called them at Raven's Point so that they could talk sense without the other vikings butting in.

"Ok listen up, I don't know what that Conquerer's mind is up to but I need answers from him"

"Did you check the forge? I think Gobber knows" Fishlegs suggested

"I've checked it, Gobber's knocked out"

They all gasped getting the wrong thought from Astrid "No no no no it's not what you think, I meant knocked out with mead"

"Well why didn't you say so"

"Sorry"

Astrid laid a map of Berk on boulder, she encircled a few places where dragons mostly stay and places where Rider could possibly hide. Since he left last night there's no way he could get out this island without a boat and if ever he walked his way out it would be dark and he could possibly camped during the night.

"Those are our best chances, we split up. Once he's spotted, capture him" Astrid ordered.

"Hold up.....what are we gonna do again?" Tuff butted in.

"We're gonna hunt down that Dragon Conquerer" Snotlout answered him.

Tuffnut made a doubting look before facing Snotlout again. "Why are we gonna hunt him down? He's not even a yak or food or something"

Everyone sighed with his stupidity.

"I think my brother has a point-" Ruffnut also butted in, all eyes went on her thinking that they were both idiots

"-well of course except for the last part that he said. I mean, why would we hunt him down if he did finish his job already. All that's left are the dragons wandering around the woods. No one died nor got stolen from, unless......."

All their ears were with her, Ruff gave out a sly smile towards Astrid which she reacted at once.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Astrid blurted out crossing her arms.

Since Astrid reacted Fishleg had sort of got Ruff's point while the two remaining boys were totally clueless. Ruffnut walked towards Astrid with a sly smile still plastered on her face making Astrid feel horrible.