Hunting Season

Astrid and the gang were hunting within the the forest. Along with a few new trainees with them, Gobber had tasked them to hunt animals despite of dragons around the deep forest.

Stoick had permitted to train within the forest but not far from the village bounderies. It was a good idea for Astrid to go on with training the next set of teens. After all the gang had reached the age of either nineteen or twenty to finally join their parents at war. Gobber, on the other hand, could finally train them again although he still needs Astrid's guidance.

Gobber assigned Astrid to lead the hunting today, and boy how good she works with it as a leader.

"You know, a future chief like me could use a lot of assistance" Snotlout started to flirt with Astrid, but she threw a rock at his face.

"Quiet down Snotlout or we'll loose our game" she whispered.

Everyone held out their spears, bows and arrows except for Astrid, she still uses the old axe she had for years. She had forced Gobber violently to sharpen her axe, automatically Gobber obliged and got on with it. Astrid felt comfortable but nothings beats the way how Hiccup maintains her axe as good as new. Although the whole truth why she did not use an easier weapon to catch a game like a bow and arrow is because she doesn't know how to use one. She could care less as long as she has her trusted axe.

Concentrate Astrid, no time to think of problems

And her self-conscious was right because their game is mere a few feet away from them. She gathered the group and whispered their plan.

"Ok guys here we go. Let's see how good you are in 'hide and seek'"

"Awesome! Could I be the it?" Tuff asked

"That's not my point" Astrid replied.

"Oh....so why are we playing hide and seek for if we don't have an it?"

"We're all the 'it' ya ding-dong! We'll try and catch that deer over there" Ruff pointed out.

"Good one Ruff, so here's the plan. We need to corner the deer at the far end of this forest. I want you guys to hide from the trees and bushes while the rest of us chase the deer. Once we're close make a surprise attack"

Everyone agreed and Astrid grouped them together. "You two go with Fishlegs, and you two stay on top of the trees with Tuff. You three get to the end of the forest, ready the nets. Ruff, Snotlout we chase the deer."

They positioned themselves, Astrid slowly approached their game. Once the animal noticed a human being approaches, it started to back away. Ruff and Snotlout came out from their hiding, that's where the deer started to run and they chased after it. As if they were on an olympic games, hurdling and dodging bushes and branches.

Sure it was fast but nothing could stop Astrid. Their almost at the end and Astrid called for the signal. The boys on top of the trees had a good shot slowing down the deer. Fishlegs and his group had the chance to corner the deer but it escaped.

"Don't let it get away!" Astrid shouts as she readied her axe to aim.

Tuff continued throwing rocks at the deer to slow it down again, but it's horns on time protected its head and some parts of its body. Astrid had two chances to catch that game, it's either she throws the axe at it or lead the deer to the awaiting nets. She chose to aim the deer instead, so while she chases the deer she carried her axe high. This could be a tough one to hit.

She let out a heavy sigh and threw her axe with a HIIYYYAAAAAH!!

All of a sudden the deer turned its route, thus avoiding Astrid's axe that nearly axed a walking travel. "AH!" came out a scream and the traveler was pinned on the tree. Astrid was about to apologize and help the traveler but the a group of teens had caught their game.