Gobber gets along

"So yeh survived for this long, didn't think ye'd be this good at fighting"

Gobber handed Hiccup some breads and yak milk as he was still recovering in Gothi's bed. He did miss a good'ol milk from Berk's yaks. It had been really surprising for Hiccup to talk with his old forge master while Gothi is still treating his wounded arms and hands. Hiccup is actually not comfortable Gothi knowing about his identity. Gothi had been in Berk for many years as Hiccup could remember, probably met the first Haddock. Since she is the village elder, he is sure that the elder will say everything to the chief.

He wasn't even sure if there were any Berkians who saw his identity other than Gobber and Gothi. Or maybe Gobber is mist making him feel better for the very last time before he gets executed. But there were no other viking who came to grab him, heck no one would aid him, unless defeating Dagur was a major impact in them. Then again why wouldn't Gobber let Astrid nor Stoick come in.

His forge master noticed his face towards Gothi. "Don't worry lad everything's fine."

Hiccup faced him "What do you mean?"

"I mean that yer identity is safe with us Hiccup"

"How sure are you that Gothi could keep my secret?"

Gothi heard Hiccup and gave him a good glare. "Are ye mad? Nobody understands old Gothi other than me boy. The last person who interpreted her warnings ended badly sending everyone in a fatal training day. But don't worry they're alright.......probably"

Well that thought........made sense.

"Wow Gobber that's some talent you have there, since you're still single why don't you marry Gothi?"

Considered as a wee insult to the elder, she gave Hiccup a good taste of her staff right to his face. The two men knew that there conversation was just a good start mending the gap they had lost for five years. There was a lot of catching up to do, even a few apologies to be said from one another.

"I'm really sorry...For what I did before, it's just-"

"Yeh don't need ter apologize Hiccup in fact I should be the one who's sorry."Gobber interrupted. "I know everyone has been too hard on yah but it was my fault fer not taking a stand. Even taking a stand from yer father I failed yeh. Back then ye've always been doing the right thing. So I'm sorry fer everything"

It was like a big leap of faith, Hiccup never knew that Gobber was so attached with him. True Gobber was like a father to him and in some point he had been like a son to Gobber. He taught Hiccup everything he knows and was always around when he needed him. But consider the fact that he may have the right to stand with him, Hiccup wouldn't even dare to let Gobber be a part of his trouble.

So the conversation went on, Gothi listening but didn't butt in with the two. She just continued bringing food and checking on Hiccup's wounds for extra precautions. Hiccup had told them about his life with Toothless, on how they have bonded after he was telling the truth he had caught a Night Fury. Gobber had then understood and connected his theory on why his apprentice had been taking longer hours at the forge, it was then Hiccup explained the prosthetic wing he needed for Toothless' missing tail wing. Then his battle with the Red Death which had been the cause of the raids in Berk and then his missing leg. Gobber was at awe listening to him, he could not believe what great heights Hiccup had achieved.

"Then yer leg? How'd ye managed?"

"Well it seems that I was in a comma for days after defeating the Red Death. Toothless' tail wing got destroyed after the crash, I guess he dragged me inside a cave and tried his best to look after me. By the time I woke up, I was a bit of a shock for loosing a leg but a big relief that I'm still alive. It took me and Toothless a lot of time looking for something to heal me and make a good leg"