Convincing the Hooligans

"Ok bud remember what I told you. Don't blast 'em just yet we need to convince them you're harmless"

"Grrgrr grrerr"

The two friends flew away from the cove to the town proper of Berk. Hiccup decided not to chase Astrid down just to avoid scarring her wits out. The fact that they both, Hiccup and Toothless, need to let the village to trust them. Especially his dad.

Dad....

Hiccup's father, Stoick the Vast, wasn't easy to convince. Along with the council and the whole tribe, Hiccup was nothing but an obstacle, in Hiccup's perspective though.

It seems like Stoick had more obligation to the village than to his son, Hiccup was left alone with Gobbet training him at the forge to become a smith. Gobber was the only person who listens and, sometimes, understands his troubles. Hiccup wondered why Gobbet had not got tired of his antics, even though the whole tribe go against his inventions and ideas.

Berk's plaza could be seen by the distance as they flew closer and closer.

"Here we go bud, let's try landing slowly-"

Before Hiccup could finish ordering Toothless what to do, a villager surprised both of them. The Berkian was hiding among the trees and tossed a spear merely aiming Toothless' head.

"The dragon's coming"

It was a surprise attack. Who knew the people of Berk could plan an attack this quick.

"Wait stop!"

Hiccup pleaded as he hang on to Toothless.

"Capture its wings men, the dragon will slow down"

As the villager threw the rope with rocks attached to each end, instead of hitting the dragon's tail it hit Hiccups head.

Hiccup groan in pain as the rocks impact hit his head, he lost balance off Toothless and slided down Toothless side. Toothless was out of control without his rider but he still had the control to save his friend.

Toothless grabbed the unconscious Hiccup and wrapped him around his wings. Good thing they were a few feet from the ground so landing that hard won't be that painful for Toothless.

Toothless formed a plasma blast aiming at a few villagers to give him way as he land with Hiccup under his wing, earning the whole villagers his screetch.

"NIGHT FURY!!

As Toothless' body hit the ground, Hiccup woke up with a loud thud. His mind settled when he remembered he was falling from Toothless. Hiccup could now see that the dragon he once brought down, gave a new tail and bonded with just saved his life.

"Thanks bud" Hiccup rubbed his nose.

But the moment ended up quickly because the villagers grabbed Hiccup away from Toothless. Then he heard his uncle Spitelout.

"HICCUP'S WITH THE DRAGO"

"GET THAT DRAGON"

"Wait you don't understand"

Spitelout and the others threw a net over Toothless. Hiccup got to his side, he didn't care about his aching head. All he cared was Toothless to be safe. Toothless was struggling to get free. It was no use.

"Oh no Toothless I'm sorry we shouldn't have done this"

"HICCUP WHAT IN THOR'S NAME ARE YOU DOING?!"

Hiccup nearly dropped his dagger but held on to it. He has to tell his father, he has to tell them that killing dragons won't help solve their problem. They can be trusted.