An Interesting Holiday With Fire & Ice

In human world, I prefer winter.I like the cold wind that ruffles the feathers on my wings and freezes my bones.I like how the white snow makes drops of red blood lookbeautiful. And blood is precisely all I can think about right now while I lay on the beach with sunblock lotion all over my body -- the sun is scorching hot during this time of the year in Hilo Bay, Hawaii. I'm so irritated that my hands are itching to swing my sword at anything that can spill blood.

 I drink a glass of iced cherry cocktail as red as the bikini that I’m wearing and sigh. "You know, if I wanna be burned, I'd be in hell now. Kindly remind me again why we're here in the first place, Zion." I turn my head towards a man that is laying next to me. It’s a good thing that I’m wearing a sunglasses, because Zion’s bald head looks extra shiny reflecting the sunlight. His honey-colored skin that is 80% exposed looks darker. Add that with a muscle-built body to make every girl that walks by drool -- well obviously the boys are drooling too, over me.

 "Something interesting will take place here." He replies, while looking up at the blue sky. Apparently there's something there that he finds amusing, because he is smirking. The fact that he seems to be having fun makes me more irritated.

 "I need more than just 'interesting'!" I hiss at him. "Besides, we've been idling here for an hour, and the most interesting thing that happens is a guy being hit by a speedboat!"

 "Patience." Zion says calmly. He adjusts his sunglasses without even looking at me, fixing his gaze towards the sky.

 "You know it's never been my forte. Ugh." I scowl, but I complain no more, because Zion knows me too well to not drag me out here just for petty matters.

 "More lotion?" he offers.

 Grumbling, I extend my right arm to him, the arm that doesn't wear a charm bracelet. Zion sits up and rubs my arm with some sunblock lotion thoroughly. His hands feel surprisingly smooth on my skin. "Have you just shed your skin?" I ask him. Zion raises one of his eyebrow. Behind those sunglasses I bet his eyes look amused now.

 "Yes, I don't do a lot of dirty work lately, if that's what you're trying to say. Why should I, with the twins hanging around me?"

 "Speaking of the twins, where are they now?"

 "Why the sudden interest?"

 "I just have a bad feeling about them, that's all."

 The twins we are talking about are two teenage demons that have been hanging around us a lot lately. They are infamous for their mischiefs, which are very annoying even for demons' standard. Initially they followed me everywhere, pestering me, but once I made it clear to them that I would not hesitate to use my lightning power to severe their limbs, they backed off and turned towards Zion, who is practically my right hand, instead. Zion doesn't pass this opportunity to take advantage from these new underlings, and I must admit that he has clever ways to manipulate even the most uncontrollable demons.

 "Don't let it bother you." ensures Zion. He glances at the sky, then he kisses my fingertips, saying "It's time."

 All of a sudden, the clear sky darkens. Clouds are blocking the sun and raindrops begin to fall. People are running away for shelter as the rain is getting heavier, some are screaming when lightnings and thunders strike. The rain escalates quickly into a storm and within minutes, Zion and I are the only ones left on the beach. We get on our feet and look at each other.

 "Let's go." says Zed, and we shift into the fourth dimension, leaving our corporeal bodies and the bathing suits vanish into thin air.Our etheral bodies are clad in black leather suits that are more fitting for any hostile encounter. Now we can clearly see that along with the thunders that hit the sea, are dozens and dozens of pixies. Pixies are nasty little creatures the size of the arm of a body builder. Their bodies are blue and they have long skinny limbs. Although their faces don’t please the eyes, they would appear harmless if not for their sharp claws and fangs that can easily tear through human’s flesh. The pixies are centered in one spot quite far from the coast, and that is where we are headed.