Chapter 38

"I can't believe I'm doing that" Minho said with a sigh, sitting in the waiting room as his functional leg was bouncing, his braces delicately sitting beside him.

"A word from Jisung was enough, huh?" Chan said with a chuckle, looking endearingly at a motivated and brighter Minho.

"I can't refuse him anything..." Minho said with a sigh, still desperate that he complied so easily.

Chan laughed softly, as he thanked Jisung in his mind.

After the heart warming conversation they had, Minho agreed to go to the hospital for the diagnosis. That surprised Chan, who decided to accompany Minho, knowing his friend would need mental support for that.

The wait was long, as expected from a hospital, and Minho's mind was slowly tearing with every second passing. Chan tried to distract him, joking along and making fun of him, which actually worked, and Chan couldn't be more happy to finally see a smile on his face.

"Lee Minho?" A voice called, finally grabbing Minho's attention.

After some time, a nurse finally arrived to guide him to the doctors, as Minho's hands started shaking. Chan helped him stand up, and followed him to the room.

"Before entering, I have to make sure that you allow your friend in this room" The nurse said, turning to Minho.

Minho froze a bit, not really wanting to seem vulnerable.

"Do you want me in there?" Chan softly asked, his hand caressing his upper back.

"Huh... I..." Minho let out, not knowing what to say.

"I'll stay out" Chan said, thinking it was Minho's want, but was stopped by Minho's hand on his wrist, as the boy made one of his braces fall to the ground

"No!" He exclaimed, a bit more loudly than he actually expected "Please stay" He pleaded, his lips trembling.

Chan looked at him with the softest eyes, as he picked up his brace for him.

"Let's go then" Chan reassured him.

A week passed, the results still weren't coming back and Minho was slowly losing his mind.

That is exactly why he didn't want to do it. The wait, the speculation, the hope rising, everything could crash down the second they called him to say 'Unfortunately, no' and that was pure torture.

Everyday, he would 'walk' around the house, trying to do something to stop his running mind, but to no avail. Chan would hurry him to sit down, forcing him to stop torturing himself, but Minho was too anxious to actually stop losing himself in his fears.

Chan, who couldn't take it anymore, called Jeongin and Jisung at home, wanting them to make Minho some company, knowing Jisung's presence would soothe him.

When they arrived, Minho was surprised to see Jisung, and he immediately stopped thinking as they sat down on the couch, the four of them, talking lightly.

"How were the exams?" Jeongin asked

"Long, painful" Minho described in a few words as he sighed

"You can't endure a little bit of pain?" Jisung asked with a teasing smile, trying to lift up the mood a bit

"... I can" Minho defended, a ghost of a smile appearing on his lips

"Good bo-" Jisung started, but got cut off as Minho's phone started ringing.

They all stopped breathing as they watched Minho's phone, 

his doctor was calling.

They watched him with expectant eyes, they started holding their hands and slowed their breath as they carefully listened to Minho's answers.

"Hello?" Minho said at the phone, knowing very well they were looking at him.

"Yes, Lee Minho" He said, as his right leg started bouncing in anticipation.

He nodded a few times, adding a few 'Mmhs', until his eyes suddenly widened.

Jisung and Chan shared a few glances, trying to decipher what Minho's expression meant, but were unable to.

They watched as Minho's stare suddenly fixated on the ground, eyes still widened as he started biting his lower lip.

They started to understand the message, they started reading disappointment on Minho's body language.

"Okay" Minho's weak voice resonated, as a hand joined his forehead, hiding his face.

Jisung felt like crying at the boy's reaction. He watched him carefully as he approached him, putting his hand on his shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Thank you" Minho finished, before ending the call and throwing his phone to the couch, his other hand joining his forehead as well.

"Min.." Chan said, approaching the boy

But he didn't have time to actually comfort him as Minho abruptly sat up straight, throwing his arms to the air as he exclaimed 

"It's positive!"

In a swift moment, the three boys were standing up and started jumping around in happiness.

Jeongin jumped in Chan's arms, as he made him turn a bit, in a way to celebrate the good news.

Jisung approached Minho and gave him a soft slap on the shoulder, trying to nag him

"You scared me!" He jokingly scolded, as Minho looked at him with a smile.

His eyes started shining as he realized the huge pout on Jisung's face, eyes wet from the scare, and that was enough to warm his heart.

He grabbed Jisung's wrist and pulled him, as Jisung's arms wrapped around his shoulders, holding him tightly.

Minho melted in the embrace, unable to process anything else as he let his mind soothe in Jisung's comfort.

He suddenly felt a pain in his leg as he realized that Jisung had somehow straddled him in the heat of the moment, but he didn't dare to complain, he wouldn't stop this moment.

"Calm down, Jisungie, you'll hurt the boy" Jeongin nagged as he noticed Minho's wince, and Jisung abruptly left Minho's lap, as he started checking on the boy, making sure he hadn't hurt him.

"You're okay? Oh my god I'm sorry, Are you alright?" He asked, words leaving his mouth hurriedly as he checked the boy's leg.

"Don't worry Ji, I'm okay" He said with a bright smile, looking into the boy's eyes.