☞F O U R T Y - T H R E E

Roselyn Belo

Thursday, 10:09am:

"N-Nate." I stammer, my heart beat increasing and my palms sweating.

"Baby," he pleads, sinking down onto one knee. "An open, clear mind." He repeats, I nod and allow my eyes to overrun with water, blurring my vision of the man I love on one knee before me.

"Nate-"

I stop when he opens the box, revealing a ring, the sight truly took my breath away. "Roselyn, the day I met you in that kindergarten play ground was honestly the best day of my life, if I never met you then I'd probably be dead right now, you've saved me on so many occasions and made me realise there's a meaning to my life. I-I know this seems crazy to you, you're still only eighteen but baby it feels so right to me, you're going to be having our little girl or boy, and you've made me the happiest man ever to be walking on this earth. I don't want you ever to be sad, I'm gonna' be here by your side until I die, I love you so much baby," my knees give in slowly, I crouch down beside him with tears of joy sliding down my cheeks. "A-And we don't have to get married straight away, I just want you to know how much I love you, I'll wait until you're ready - whether that be five years or ten, or even fifty, I just want this ring to prove how much I love you and to give me some reassurance that you're my girl and you always will be. Forever and always,"

By this time I'm sobbing, not able to contain the smile on my face. I cover my mouth, overwhelmed with the suddenness of it all. "Say something Roselyn." He pleads, a weak smile on his face whilst his eyes water up.

"I-I-I don't k-know what to say." I manage to finally say, wiping my eyes to clear my vision.

"Please say yes." He replies, a look of pure hope and nervousness on his face.

"Y-Yes Nate, yes." I chuckle out a laugh, throwing myself at him to hug him tightly. I haven't even looked at the ring properly, the ring doesn't matter as long as I have him in front of me.

"I fucking love you so much baby." He breathes out a sigh of relief, hugging me back.

"I fucking love you so much too." I giggle, squeezing my arms around his neck as we sit here on our balcony, drowning in our own tears of joy and beaming with happiness.

"And I promise to love our baby too, always and forever."

"Always and forever," I confirm with a bright smile, kissing his neck. "Lemme' see it." I giggle, pulling back to kiss his lips and watch as he pulls the shiny ring out of the box.

It made my heart flutter. "I had it made just for you, do you get it? It's a rose for you, Roselyn." He explains, I cry again at his cuteness.

The ring is shaped as a rose, it's clear to see, and the diamonds sparkle under the morning light. It's truly beautiful.

"I-It's beautiful, I love it but how did you pay for it?" I ask, allowing him to slide it onto my finger.

"Don't ruin the moment baby, that doesn't matter." He excuses.

"Nate," I warn. "No lies, remember?"

He sighs, rubbing his forehead. "I sold some more weed-"

I go to stand up but he pulls me back down, cupping my face. "But I've stopped it all now, Roselyn I've stopped, I just needed the money for this ring, it's perfect for you, I just wanted everything to be perfect." He pleads and presses his lips to mine.

"It is perfect, I just wish you would've told me you carried on." I pout, he swoops down and nibbles my lip, making me laugh and squirm away.

"I've never doing that shit again, I promise baby," He rests his forehead against mine and kisses the tip of my nose. "I love you, and our baby."

"We love you too Nate." I grin.

• • •

The fucking feels😭

20 votes?

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama
Twitter// yxbxtch