☞S I X T E E N

Roselyn Belo

Wednesday, 11:02am:

I furrow my eyebrows, bite my lip and stare at the laptop screen, scrolling down to look at more prices. It had to be in mine, Nate's and Sam's price range because I know my dad would not help us out now, he isn't happy with me wanting to leave so why would he help me to actually leave?

"Baby, you got a text." Nate announces from the bed. I sit on my window seat, my legs folded with my laptop on my lap.

"Just get it, it'll be Grace." I shrug, peering through my reading glasses.

"It's from Luke, why do you have his number?" He questions, I shrug. "Rose-"

"Just because Nate, I don't know." I groan, rolling my eyes.

"Want me to read it to you?" He asks quietly, annoyed.

"Please." I nod, clicking on a four bedroom, two bathroom apartment by Dockweiler State beach.

"Roselyn I'm sorry I made things awkward, I wish I could take it all back but I can't, can you find it in your heart to forgive me? If not then just know I'm sorry, Nate is a good guy," Nate reads out, furrowing his eyebrows. "What the fuck does he mean by that?" He spits.

I shrug my shoulders. "Read the previous texts." I tell him, unfazed by his sudden madness; I've done nothing wrong.

"You didn't tell me?" He asks, I sigh in annoyance and look up at him.

"Tell you what Nate?" I ask, swinging my legs off the edge of the seat to face him, I push my reading glasses up on top of my head.

"That you still have a guys number, knowing that he likes you and you haven't done nothing to stop him," He replies, I laugh. "What's so funny?"

"You getting worked up over something so small, he likes me...big deal," I answer, still laughing. "There's nothing I or you or anybody can do about that, as for having his number - who I have on my contacts is my decision, like we agreed five years ago, you cannot control me." I explain.

"I'm not controlling you, I'm not trying to either, I'm just not comfortable with you having a guy's number when you know he has feelings for you." He says.

I shrug my shoulders. "Fine, I'll delete his number but if you think that's going to stop him from texting me then you're wrong," I laugh drily and walk over to snatch my phone out his hands and delete Luke's number. "Poof, gone, disappeared." I roll my eyes and sit back down to resume apartment shopping.

He sighs. "Look I'm sorry alright? It's just-"

"You feel uncomfortable, I get it." I shrug, smiling when I spot the perfect three bedroomed, three bathroomed penthouse right beside Santa Monica State beach.

3:17pm:

"Baby what's bothering you?" Nate asks me, I turn my head and lay my arm and leg over him.

"What?" I weakly smile, resting my chin just above his shoulder.

"What's up? What are you thinking about? You're too quiet baby." He states.

"Nothing," I shrug, he narrows his eyes at me. "I was thinking about our future."

His face softens, his lips curve up into a smile as his eyes lighten, despite the dull day it is today. "Kiss for a thought?" He says before swooping down to kiss my lips gently.

"I was just thinking how fun it will be to live with you, Sammy and Grace, it'll be like a constant sleep over," I giggle, tickling his chest through his t-shirt. "Take off your shirt." I smile, he smirks and we sit up to allow him to take his shirt off.

We return to our positions and I lay my head on his tattoos, tracing patterns on his chest and stomach, stroking the few chest hairs he possesses. He kisses my head; "I'm afraid incase what my dad said is true, I want this to be a good thing, he's turning it bad. I shouldn't be afraid." I sigh, Nate tightens his hold around me and kisses my head again, longer to comfort and assure me.

"Everything will work out, you just need to speak to him alone. In every good, there's bad and in every bad, there's good. You can't win baby." He lifts his hand up and runs his fingers through my long, dark hair.

"I know but, I just want his support you know? His and my mom's, everybody's." I close my eyes and snuggle to his side.

"I know how you feel," and it's then I feel guilty. I'd almost forgotten about Nate's situation, how could I be so selfish? Here I am, whining about the parents I still have and love me yet Nate here has basically been abandoned by his own; kicked out. "Hey, hey what's up?" Nate asks worriedly, feeling the liquid drop onto his bare skin.

We sit up and rest against the headboard, I wipe my eyes and grant him permission to swing my legs over his lap and hold me like a new born baby. "I-I'm sorry." I hiccup, kissing his tattoos.

"Sorry for what? Sweetheart what's wrong?" He asks me, pressing his cheek against my forehead.

"I'm going on and on about my parents, when I should be thankful I have them as much as I do, I've been so selfish Nate, I haven't even stopped to ask how you are-"

Nate shushes me, rocking me side to side. If I wasn't so emotional, I would have laughed at how much of a baby he's treating me right now.

"Baby, calm down," he coos, stroking my hair as he continues to rock me. "Yes you have, you were there for me enough, I don't want you to fuss about me when I'm fine, I'm okay. Don't worry about me, just worry about yourself because I'm happy as long as I have you, remember that Roselyn, please remember that." He pleads, kissing my forehead.

We sit there in silence, I cry whilst he shushes me and whispers sweet things into my ear, cradling me tighter.

"Why are you crying?" He asks suddenly, I laugh and wipe my nose.

"My period is due soon." I state, he laughs too.

"You always get emotional as shit before them." He over laughs, trying to get me to join in. I giggle quietly and rest my head on his chest.

"Can we watch the Lion King?" I question softly, he groans and gently bangs the back of his head against the headboard.

"For the millionth time, I suppose so." He says, placing me to the side so he can climb off the bed and set the movie up.

I smile in delight, watching his back muscles flex as he moves his arms.

Damn, I have a hot boyfriend.

• • •

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama