☞T H I R T Y - T H R E E

Roselyn Belo

Sunday, 11:24am:

To Jodie📷: Hey, having a dinner with friends tonight, wondering whether you'd like to join us?

From Jodie📷: Sure, when and where?

I proceed to text her the time and address, pinning my hair up in my hot rollers for the dinner tonight.

All are invited, including the Jack's new friends, excluding Cameron.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" I ask, laying down on our bed beside Nate as he watches TV.

"What's tomorrow?" He asks sleepily, I weakly chuckle.

"Your first day in the studio, silly." I playfully roll my eyes at him and rest my chin on his chest.

"Oh," he laughs, running his thumb over my cheekbone. "Yeah, it'll be fun."

"It sure will," I say and stand up. "Well I need to make myself busy so I'm gonna' start preparing dinner."

"I know something else that can make us both busy."

"I'm on my period, no." I giggle, picking up my phone to take to the kitchen.

"Liar." He mutters, I furrow my eyebrows but exit to the kitchen anyway. He knows when my period is due.

Nathan Maloley

Sunday, 11:29am:

Why does she not want to have sex with me? Is she bored? Have I done something wrong? Is she okay?

Fuck, I'm blowing this way out of proportion. She's not in the mood for it, I'll leave her be.

I get up and slip on some sweatpants, running my fingers through my hair before walking out and joining Grace in the living room as Roselyn does whatever she's doing in the kitchen and Sam relaxes in the pool.

"Roselyn!" Grace yells across the room to Roselyn.

"Yeah?" She replies, reaching in the fridge.

"Can you make me some pancakes?" Grace groans, I chuckle - already knowing Roselyn's answer.

"Sure." I furrow my eyebrows, she'd usually say no.

She's a nice person, leave it.

But it wasn't what she said, it's how she said it. Bored.

I stand up, walk over to the kitchen and wrap my arms around her waist from behind, kissing the shell of her ear. "Baby what's wrong?" I ask her, slipping my hands under her t-shirt to stroke her soft stomach.

She turns around in my grip, snivelling which instantly worries me. I kiss the tip of her nose before picking her up, her thighs either side of my hips, and carrying her to our bedroom. I sit her down on the edge of the bed and kneel in front of her. Cupping her face, I ask; "what's wrong?"

She wipes her nose with the back of her hand, closing her eyes as tears escape her pretty eyes. "My mom called this morning," she starts, taking a deep breath in as I wipe her wet cheeks. "She uh, she said River got into a car accident."

"Oh baby," I groan, immediately pulling her into a hug. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I ask, stroking her back.

"I-I don't know, I wa-wanted to take my mind off of it, with the new j-job and everything, I didn't want to ruin the mood." She cries, resting her face between my neck and shoulder.

"What do you want to do? Do you want to go see him?" I ask, moving my head to the side so the rollers in her head don't burn me.

"H-He doesn't want me to see him, that's what my mom said anyway." She answers.

I stroke her back, shushing her. "It's okay baby, he's fine, he'll be okay," I assure, knowing how close she is with her brothers and how much they mean to her. "Do you want me to call the dinner off-"

"Fuck no," she says, lifting her head up. "I need to have fun."

7:24pm:

Everybody is here, I've kept a close eye on Roselyn all day, she's been unusually quiet and blank. I haven't been able to read her much.

I sit at one end of the table whilst she sits at the other. The Jacks, Grace, Sam and Roselyn's new friend - Jodie - along with the Jacks' friends - Nash, Kenny, Wes, Dillon and Jake.

She has a joint in her hand, nobody cares but I can tell they are confused.

This time she's having a completely different trip than the last, a quiet moody one.

She stands up, announcing desert is ready before disappearing to the kitchen. I stand to follow her and help her but people begin questioning me.

"What's up with her?"

"When did she start smoking weed?"

"She's changed."

I shush them, furrowing my eyebrows at them all. "Just act normal but her brother got into a car accident, do not say anything to her though." I hiss before joining Roselyn in the kitchen to help her carry the brownies and ice cream in.

8:57pm:

Roselyn stands up, swaying from side to side. "I-I'm gonna' call it a night." She mutters, rubbing her forehead.

We've moved from the dining table to the living room, having individual conversations with music playing on the TV, loud enough to pass as background music.

She falsely smiles, says goodnight to everybody individually and thanks them for coming before holding her stomach and walking off to our bedroom. Once again, I follow her.

"Baby what's up?" I ask, watching her take off her shoes and dress as I close the bedroom door behind us. Left in her pink lace panties and no bra, she speed walks into the bathroom and begins throwing up, I jog over to her side and hold her hair, kissing her back repeatedly whilst stroking her hip.

"It's okay baby, let it all out." I say, wincing as she begins to cry whilst throwing up.

I should have told her to stop smoking, she's had too much.

She sits up, wipes her mouth and begins sobbing into my chest. I whisper sweet nothings in her ear, stroking her back and kissing her hair. "It's okay baby, it's okay, I'm here."

"I-I ju-just don't k-know what's w-wrong with m-me." She hiccups, I sigh and continue rocking her back and forth - sitting on the bathroom floor beside the toilet containing her sick.

• • •

:( I feel like my fanfics are taking bad turns, they'll get happier though - I promise.

Oh and I'm off school for a week so I'll be able to work on updates more often.

Tumblr// iamnateslilmama
IG & Twitter// yxbxtch