Epilogue

Two days after what went down at the warehouse, some health and safety team was dispatched to the warehouse to quarantine the entire site. Police came to extract the corpses and investigate.

Ame was, of course, called to investigate the scene, unknown to the police that she was also involved in the conflict. Although, I healed her from her injuries and now she can investigate the scene properly without trouble.

I sat on the edge of our apartment building's rooftop. I wore the same buttonless long black coat, long black pants, and black shoes. I burned the white polo with magical flames, so I sit here with my coat over my bare torso.

I put a lit cigarette to my mouth and took a drag from it. I blew out a gray cloud of all my stress built up in the past weeks because of Kishita's shenanigans into the dawn sky. I then heaved a sigh of relief.

All of a sudden, my phone sang a familiar tone from my pocket. I took my phone out of my pocket and saw the name of the caller- someone who hasn't called in a while. I then placed it to my ear to listen to what the caller has to say.

"Hey sis..." I started off.

"Kyou, how are things going there?" My sister asked.

"Kishita's dead. That's one less thing to worry about," I replied.

"Oh? That news should put some kind of halt to the Clan's operations," my sister says.

"However, I'm not taking that vacation just yet. My work's far from over," I said.

"Oh well. Best of luck, Kyou," my sister uttered before hanging up the call.

I slipped my phone back in my pocket and threw away my cigarette into the streets below. I scratched my head and then realized that I should get a haircut before I go to the KFP. My hair's growing pretty long and it could affect my sight a bit if I conduct my work.

I grabbed my phone back out and searched up the nearest barber shop. It showed me a shop that was two blocks from the KFP so that's pretty good. I slipped my phone back in my pocket and jumped down to the street.

Upon landing, I cracked the pavement beneath me and startled a passerby. I quickly apologized to the poor pedestrian and ran off toward the barber shop.

####

Kiara was doing some kind of checklist on the number of cups, straws, and forks that were ready to be given to any customer.

When I entered through the door, Kiara quickly turned around and flashed her biggest brightest smile at me- her eyes were closed too.

"KIKERIKII~" Kiara yelled at the top of her lungs. "Welcome to the KFP! What can I do for y-"

The moment Kiara's had opened and laid eyes upon me, her pupils dilated, as if she was staring directly at a bright light. Kiara couldn't finish her sentence as she stood there with her jaw hanging. And a faint blush spreading across her cheeks

"Hey, Tenchou..." I greeted.

"W-wow! Kyou! Is that really you?" Kiara asked. "I almost didn't recognize you there for a sec."

"Huh? Oh, I'm guessing it's the hair, right?" I said.

"Yeah! It's a very neat haircut you got there!" Kiara complimented as she extended a thumbs-up gesture.

"Y-yeah..." I said as I put a hand on the back of my neck. "Thanks..."

"So... Are you done with your so-called 'work'?" Kiara asked.

"Unfortunately, no," As I said that, Kiara's happy expression quickly changed to a worried one.

"Oh..." Kiara said, her tone dropping every ounce of life that once inhabited it.

"But don't worry, Tenchou. I'll be working double time for all the days I missed," I assured Kiara.

Her face lights up once again upon hearing what I said.

"Yay!" Kiara cheered. "Let's make these upcoming days count!"

I smiled back at her response. It honestly warms my heart to see her be all this cheery. I wonder if she was still the same person when I was absent for my other work. But eitherway, I'll use this opportunity to relax and maybe catch up on whatever I missed.

My eyes and Kiara's locked together and both of our lips locked in a light upwards curl. It was time for me to take my well-deserved vacation, by working at a fastfood branch.

A/N: So this marks the end of Mysteries of the Island City (A Hololive Fanfiction). I'll take a break again and maybe get started on the 2nd book. Until then, here is a drawing of Kyou with his new haircut (made by me)

 Until then, here is a drawing of Kyou with his new haircut (made by me)