Chapter 7: Investigating the auction

I arrived at Takano's Grand Hotel. It was really huge and really fancy-looking. It had around three buildings, and both were over 6 storeys high.

I looked down and saw that I look rather embarrassing if I were to walk in there looking like this. I didn't have an undershirt, and buttoning up my coat would make it look tight on me.

Thankfully, there was a thrift store nearby. I bought a short-sleeved white polo and a black necktie from it and immediately put them on. It was surprisingly much more comfy than my KFP uniform.

####

The moment I stepped into the hotel. The first thing that caught my attention was the number of people in her that were wearing tuxedos and fancy dresses. The air smelled so fragrant. The decorations were all elegant. I felt like silver in a pile of gold.

I tried to act natural, but sweat came streaming down the side of my face. I walked through the crowd as they saw my rather tall complexion. It didn't receive much reaction, but I got looks of awe and surprise directed towards me.

I got even more anxious now that I got some people eyeing me like I had no business here whatsoever. But I didn't pay much attention to it.

I inspected every nook and cranny for clues about the auction. I was eavesdropping on every conversation, looking for the right person who knew about the auction.

I wandered around until I stumbled upon someone who was talking about the auction. Luckily, the guy was next to the food table. I could eavesdrop on the guy without him noticing what I'm actually doing.

I listened in a little bit and heard that there going to be a lot of high-standing people who'll participate in the auction. Unfortunately, Hakizura isn't coming to the auction, but he has a representative. I guess I have to look for that guy and take him out.

I moved to the entrance and observed those who would enter. Those who entered were greeted with hugs and handshakes. I listened in to their conversations if they were the representative of Hakizura or not.

After several minutes of staring at my home screen, pretending to be busy on my phone, I heard someone talk about Hakizura. I immediately looked up from my phone and saw a young man, somewhere around their mid 20's, in the same getup as mine. He had two bodyguards with him. Both were bald and towered over him.

I observed them shake hands with several guests before being escorted far from me.

I began to tail these people, keeping a really good distance from them due to my height. The representative was then escorted into a room while his bodyguards.

I composed myself a bit and walked towards the room where the representative was staying at. I was halted by the bodyguard at the door. One of them asked my purpose before they let me in.

I claimed to be a journalist who wished to interview the representative. However, the guards didn't buy it. Thankfully, one of the guards heard a rumor about a journalist who was expected to interview Hakizura's representative. The guard told me to wait here so he could inform the representative of my arrival.

After a few seconds, the door was opened widely for me. The representative was laid back on the couch. I entered the room while one of the guards closed the door with himself inside the room.

"Ah, you must be the journalist. A pleasure it is to meet you," the representative greeted me by extending his hand. I took his hand and shook it.

"It's also a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Representative," I played along.