Chapter 2: Errands! Errands! Errands!

I got up pretty early and took a banana from the table. Can't forget breakfast again or I'll starve to death just like yesterday. Instead of going down the stairs normally, I decided to do a little something daring. I slid down the rails of the stairs and jumped off right before I could hit the ball decoration at the end.

I made my way to the KFP while eating the banana. There wasn't a trashcan anywhere in sight, so I had to hold on to the peeling a little while.

Once I arrived at the KFP, I immediately looked for a nearby garbage can. Luckily, there was one right next to the doors of the KFP. I disposed of the peeling immediately and waited patiently, next to the doors.

I waited for hours and hours. I was starting to feel a little frustrated on how late Kiara was. All of that changed when my phone started ringing. I answered the phone and I was greeted with deafening greeting.

"KIKERIKIII~" Kiara greeted over the phone. "Good morning, Kyou. Are you coming to work today?"

"Wait! The restaurant's open? You're in the KFP?" I questioned.

"Yup~" Kiara chirped. Well fuck me, there isn't a single sign to tell whether the KFP's open or not. I stopped complaining to myself and entered the KFP. There I saw Kiara lifting a box.

"C'mon Kyou. Get changed and help me out with these," Kiara ordered me. I went to the changing room without further questions.

"Oy hurry up, Kyou!" Kiara called out.

"Yes Tenchou! Coming," I replied. As soon as I finished buttoning up my vest, I ran outside of the changing room to Kiara. I immediately rushed to Kiara's aid with the box she was carrying.

"I'll take care of this," I told Kiara as I placed my hands in position.

"Ok~" Kiara let go of the box, putting all its weight to mine, and holy shit. This box wasn't a box but a boulder. Kiara pointed to where I was supposed place the box which was on the other side of the room.

"Doesn't sound too hard, right?" I thought to myself. Well I was wrong. The moment I took my first step towards my destination, I nearly slipped. I looked up and judging by how clean the floors are, they look like they've been recently mopped.

"This is gonna be a long day," I mumbled to myself as I cautiously walked to my destination. I finally arrived and placed the box down gently.

I heaved a sigh of relief and turned to see that there were ten more boxes. I heaved another sigh and made my way back to the boxes.

Kiara kept an eye on me while I did this hell of an errand. But whenever I looked at her, she'd have a bright smile on her face. It gave me a little bit of motivation to carry on, but those hell of a boxes would drain that motivation instantly.

I spent nearly the entire day moving those boxes and watching my step on the newly mopped floor. Once I placed down the last box, I dragged my lifeless body to the break room and threw myself onto the couch. I slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

But it all came to an end when I heard a loud burst on the door.

"Kyou! You can't be sleeping on the job. You still have work to do!" Kiara roared. It was a good five seconds of sleep, but unfortunately I'll be worked to death before I could finally rest.

I was ordered to organize everything in the storage room and clean it, if it needed cleaning. When I opened the storage room, I was greeted with more boxes, this time with their contents spilled out. The room's light was sufficient enough for me to see the entire mess.

The contents that spilled out were burger buns, tomatoes, lettuces, and a mayonnaise jar that was now broken. The mayo was all over the floor which gave me more work than what I expected.