Together they went to the chamber and the nun took out a small casket covered with a thick layer of dust. She kept as much distance from Belial as she could, even if she didn't want it to seem so obvious.

Carefully, she opened it and a white cloth appeared. With a smile, she lifted the casket to Aleks. Aleks touched the soft fabric with his fingers and pulled it out. With a few strokes he unfolded the cloth and golden letters, which had been embroidered on the cloth, shone in the light.

Esai Aleksander

A drop hit the white fabric and was absorbed by it. Aleks blinked, not even noticing tears running down his cheeks. That moment was too emotional, so much for him. He held in his hand the cloth with which his mother had held him in his arms, had carried him.

Warm arms closed him in a loving embrace, so he closed his eyes and tried to calm down at his demon's chest. Belial stroked his back reassuringly. When Aleks calmed down again, he carefully detached himself and rubbed his eyes. In retrospect, he was a little embarrassed.

"Sorry for my outburst of emotion, Sister Maria," he said, his eyes slightly puffy.

"Not at all, my son. It's alright. Take it with you, it's yours either way. I'm sorry I can't do more," she said with regret.

Aleks nodded and folded it carefully again. They said goodbye to the abbess and returned to Aleks' apartment.

"Is everything alright?" Belial asked, still a little worried.

Aleks nodded and smiled. "All good. Tomorrow we will go to the adoption office," he said, pulling out his cell phone, which he had left turned off the last time.

"What should I order for us? What do you feel like eating, Bel?" he asked his sweetheart. He looked thoughtful, but couldn't make up his mind.

"Order what you feel like, Tsuka."

In fact, he was not picky at all. Then he saw Alek's shining eyes, full of verve.

"Asian food!" shouted. I haven't had that in ages. There is no such thing in Hell. So he ordered from his favorite Asian place. Meanwhile, he put on comfortable clothes and lay down on the sofa, where he wrapped himself in the blanket.

When Belial saw the blanket he was familiar with, he grimaced. He had almost forgotten Aleks' incurable aberration of taste. When the doorbell rang, Belial went to the door and paid the delivery man. He took the food and went to the living room, where he put it on the table.

Aleks happily took his portion and sighed with relish as he opened the box. Even the first bite was a piece of heaven for him and Belial watched with amusement as Aleks enjoyed every bite. He had to admit that it was really delicious. Food had always been a necessity for Belial, but since he had eaten with his mate, it had taken on a different meaning. It was a time together that he enjoyed.

When Aleks had finished his portion, he looked furtively at Belials. The corners of the demon's mouth twitched. Is he still hungry? It wouldn't be surprising, at least, since he ate much more than usual. Belial held out half his portion to him and smiled. Aleks bit his lip, he didn't want to eat his mate's food, but their little one still seemed so hungry...

"Take it, Tsuka."

With red cheeks, Aleks took the box and in no time he had eaten it too. Satisfied, he lay back and sighed. "Just for the record. This portion was not eaten by me, but by my tenant." With that, he put another smile on his demon's face. How can someone be... this cute?

Aleks pushed his demon into an inclined position and lay down on top of him. Belial put his feet on the sofa and pulled Aleks close to him so that he was lying sideways between his legs with his face on his chest. Aleks closed his eyes and listened to the soothing heartbeat of his beloved. Before he knew it, he had fallen asleep.