Chapter 31: He and I

3 YEARS LATER...

"Annnnnd...." Ivy squinted at me while holding her eyeliner stick next to my eye. She was super focused, and I didn't really care what I looked like for today as long as it was pretty. But she was pretty serious about this.

"And?" I opened my eyes to her.

She waved her hand down, "No, close em!"

"Ivy... You've been drawing on this eye for the past half hour. Are you sure you are okay?" I hummed, clasping my hands together. "Ivy-"

"It's done!"

"Are you sure this time?" I hesitated to open my eyes.

She backed away and smiled, "Yeah!"

I sighed and looked into the mirror. "I can't believe this moment. It looks beautiful, thank you Ivy." It was a very pretty look, nothing I'd wear out in the open, but it was still natural. I really liked how she did my eyes, they were shimmering and splendid like jewels glistening in the sun. My hair was curled and tied in a messy bun. There was also a flower crown wrapped around my head, with a long veil behind it.

"It's your big day~ Don't stress it, this is going to be your most memorable day ever!" Ivy cleaned up the area, putting away the make-up products. She met eyes with Alec, "Doesn't she look so great?"

She wiped her tears away, "Sniff! I can't believe this day is happening!"

"I'm 29 now. Haven't you all expected I'll be getting married?" I let out a soft chuckle, facing them.

Alec shook her head, "I never knew you could do it, especially with a man like Romeo."

"Should I be offended by that comment?" I laughed.

"On a serious note though, congratulations. You really made it, Aria. You really did." Alec gave a hug to me.

I hugged her back, "You were there by my side since day 1. I thank you more, my manager."

She chuckled, "I appreciate that, as a manager and a close friend."

Ivy smiled with tears in her eyes, "It's about to start! I'll call out your name when Romeo's ready!"

"Okay-" I grabbed her arm before she left.

"Hm?"

"Thanks... Ivy. You really mean a lot."

She laughed it off, "Don't worry Aria. You're my friend!"

"Hehe, yeah." I smiled.

[...]

"Blue or pink.. Blue or pink.." Elias held the flower brooches up as the sun landed against them. It gleamed with color, the jewel being surrounded by decorative flowers. He was indecisive of what to choose, to match the white suit of Romeo's.

Ethan came into the room and gave a raise of an eyebrow, "What are you doing?"

"Which one would look better on him?" He faced him with it raised.

"I like blu-"

"Pink, right?!"

"Uh, yeah, sure.."

Elias exhaled, "Phew... I wonder when Romeo is ready.."

"He'll be here in a second.. I'm still shocked you two didn't even react when you reunited with him. I still remember that day," he sat down on the couch and leaned back.