Chapter 27: Beneath Me

My breath got loose as I opened my eyes to the same walls and the suffocating lighting in this room. Kenzo hasn't returned yet.

Was Kenzo going to keep me here, tied up and hungry, thirsty? How long has it been? Was Romeo still fighting back?

Lord, please save me.

I stopped resisting as it was useless. My wrists bled red after many attempts of escaping this tightrope. 'Give up' my mind screamed.

Give up.

You're useless.

You're going to be locked up forever.

Alone.

You should end it.

There's no more hope for you left.

"Fuck!" I yelled out of frustration. Maybe I was going crazy...

CREAK!

Finally someone came in. The guards went inside and untied me immediately.

One of them said, "Aria. You are free to go out for this time but you must return by midnight. If you don't-"

"Fucking finally you got me out of these! Are you guys a part of the damn mafia or something? It's so cliche of you to use rope on me." I yanked the rope off of me with frustration, "Fuck off, will you?"

"Damn." The other man scoffed.

He caught the rope and continued to say, "If you don't return in time, you're going to get punished."

"By whom?"

"Kenzo."

"Are you all really that obedient to that son of a bitch?" My eyes rolled as I heard his name.

He took me out of the room with my arms held by him, "He has money. Do you?"

"... No."

"Then we won't listen to you." He stopped at the entrance of the building and pushed me out, "Have fun. Make use of your time."

Are these members under Kenzo stupid? I could easily escape... unless they had a tracker on me. No. He wouldn't.

I ran out as quickly as I could and saw nothingness reach the distance I was aiming. All I saw was the darkness of roads and large plain lands. Where was I? I looked back at the building and saw fog hiding it. My breath escaped as I stopped running.

"Damn... Huff... Huff.." My eyes shot back up, "I have to keep going!"

It will be too late.

No! I ran, ran, and ran! But there was nothing! Wait-

There were buildings, Paris was near... I have to keep running until I get there.

[...]

Romeo coughed out blood as he fell down to the trails of the streets. He clawed onto the brick walls and caught his breath. They got him good it seemed, but not good enough to make him stay in that station cell. He fought his way out for the entire time. People walked by him with disturbed stares because he was covered in bloody wounds and worn out with dirty clothing.

He stared at the store next to him that read Champagne Delights. The exhausted man gave a chuckle at the thought of Aria. Without a single thought, he pulled out his wallet and smirked at his leftover change.

"Hi sir, welcome to Champagne Delights-" The staff immediately got concerned, "Are you okay?!"

"Mhm. Can I see your selection of your finest champagne please?" Romeo disregarded himself and walked straight in.