chapter 25- mr. and mrs. worldwide

She ran back to her table to find him. The awards were over now, she was the final one to win. 

Before she could get a word in, Derek grabbed her waist, pulling her in for a passionate kiss. She relaxed in his touch, he was her home.

"You were amazing up there," He murmured into her shoulder, running his fingers through her hair.

"You know how much I love you right?" She pulled him in for another kiss as he smiled against her lips.

"Infinity, c'mon I have a surprise for you." He grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the venue into a Cadillac. 

"Where are we going?" She was still in shock over the win, not realizing that she was being taken to another random location.

"You'll see." He smirked at her as they pulled up to the secret location 

They walked onto a balcony, overlooking the water and Boston skyline. It was lit with candles, rose petals littered across the floor leading to a circle of bouquets filled with purple flowers under a white canopy. He smiled at her, leading her closer and closer to the glass walls of the balcony, under the canopy. You could see the boats parked in the dock of the waterfront, buildings filled with light in the background.

"What is this?" She slowly walked behind him, still holding his hand. They were now under the canopy.

"Meredith Elizabeth Grey, ever since we met at the bar my mind revolved around you. You make me better and push me to be an excellent neurosurgeon. You're wit, accent, hair--my breath is taken away every time I look into your eyes. I know you say you're all dark and twisty, but that isn't a flaw, it's a strength; you push yourself to be extraordinary, and everyone around you follows. I love you Meredith, with every organ in my body, and tonight made my heart explode. Will you spend the rest of your life with me?" He knelt to the ground, opening the small blue jewelry case, containing the diamond ring.

Meredith was now in tears, she couldn't believe what was happening. Her life was perfect in this moment. "Yes Der, of course." He slide the perfect ring onto her and got up to give her the biggest kiss in the world. It was like the world had stopped moving, just them two surrounded by the light of the city of Boston. "It's beautiful." She admired the ring as he held her in his arms, they were admiring the skyline.

"Let's go back in, there's even more of a surprise." 

They turned back to go into the lounge area connected to the balcony, inside was filled with every person Meredith and Derek had come across in their lives, cheers echoed as they walked in. Meredith flaunted her ring and award proudly.

---

"Let's get out of here Dr. Grey," Derek whispered into Meredith's ear just as she finished getting one of the million congrats of the evening.

"Of course Dr. Shepherd." She was so thankful that he had planned to get her out of this big party soon. They entered the getaway car, making their way back to the hotel.

"I am going to fuck you so hard the minute we get into that hotel room." Derek whispered huskily into Meredith's ear, instead of a response, she made out with him. Only teasing what they were going to be doing in the room.

"Derek! Fuck!" She was pinned against the wall of their hotel room, panting from the kissing. "I need you."

Without a moment, Derek unzipped her dress, revealing her lacy black bra and panties. 

"Fuck Meredith, you're so hot." He moaned, feeling his erection push up against the wall of his boxers.

"Fuck Derek." He had inserted his fingers into her, rubbing all of the right places.