chapter 6- familiar faces

"hello meredith, what was it that you wanted to tell me about?" richard asked curiously

     meredith was going back to London after 2 grueling weeks of scut and being treated like an animal. she just had to get passed richard first, which was fairly easy considering the social capital her mother gave her. 

"i wanted to let you know that there has been a sudden family emergency that will require me to travel back to Boston every other week. i promise that i will catch up with the others, i swear."

"is ellis okay? do you need any help?"

"no, no it is perfectly manageable and ellis is perfectly fine"

"well ok then, just make sure you keep your head above the water"

"of course chief, i won't disappoint you"

      she left the conference room with a smirk on her face, convincing richard went easier than she had expected. her flight left at nine so she quickly finished her shift to go back to the house to pack. since the majority of her things were in London she threw her makeup bag, a few of her favorite articles of clothing, and toiletries in a carry on then called a taxi to take her there. a few hours later, she arrived back to her favorite place on Earth.

.............................................................

"I MISSED YOU" meredith exclaimed as she pulled cristina into a tight hug

"hey hey get off of me, i missed you too but you know i don't hug"

"it's like i never left"

  they both headed back to their apartment. meredith wasted no time and quickly got settled before running off to the hospital. she was craving surgery and sleep was the last thing on her mind. at the hospital she worked for the whole day including an overnight shift, in total she did 30 consults and 5 surgeries during the span of 24 hours. it was like she was on a surgery high, she hadn't felt anything like that since her first day as an attending. chief burton had noticed meredith's impeccable work and decided it was time for her to take another step forward in her career.

"hello dr.grey, thank you for meeting me"

"hi chief, what's wrong? i was just about to scrub in on an acoustic neuroma"

"sorry about that, i just wanted to inform you that i have noticed your hard work over the past few days and i am delighted to tell you that i wanted to award you with chief of neuro. don't worry you will still be able to practice your other specialties as well as travel between the countries. you are the perfect person for the job."

meredith was speechless, she opened her mouth to say something but nothing was coming out.

"dr. grey are you ok?"

"oh my god thank you so much chief," she said while getting up to hug him

"no problem dr.grey, you deserve it, you can start tomorrow"

he handed her a new lab coat with a new title:

Dr. Meredith Grey  M.D. FAACS PHD

General Surgery, Fetal Surgery, Opthalmic surgery

 Chief of Neuro  

  her lab coat was imprinted with so many titles, it looked like a whole paragraph. when she walked out, she quickly dialed cristina to tell her the news.

"guess what?"

"why are you happy?"

"because you are talking to the new chief of freaking neuro"

"WOAHHHH BURTON PUT YOU IN CHARGE?"

"YES"

"wait what about the whole U.S shenanigan thing"

"he said i could still travel in between countries."

"well that's good, i'm proud of you meredith grey"

"thank you cristina"

   the new chief of neuro went to sleep content that night, she felt like she was floating on cloud nine.

............................................................

two days later...

"hello i'm here for a neuro consult, do you know where i can find dr. meredith grey?" spoke the very dreamy American man

"she should be in her office in the neuro wing, tenth floor first door on your right," the nurse pointed towards the elevators

"thanks" 

   derek was called in for a consult on a optic pathway glioma by the chief of neuro, dr.meredith grey. he was very familiar with the grey name, he studied the grey method even though he was a neurosurgeon, not to mention the amazing research papers meredith published, his nickname for her a was surgical goddess. he couldn't wait to work with one of the U.K's best neurosurgeons. little did he know, meredith was also a familiar face.

she was the girl from the bar.

----------------------------------------------

3/2/21

sorry for the cliffhanger besty's ill update tmrw dw. btw meredith has a slight accent she picked up but she just hides it when she's in seattle. see you the next time i update:)) don't forget to vote and comment<3

- H.L.