Keep Your Friends Close

Start from the beginning

Birthdays are about having fun, not being worshipped.

Yes, I wanted to celebrate my presence on this earth but I also, wanted it to be a celebration for us all because without them the journey would have been insufferable.

"Thanks, babes." She laughed with a smile now on her face.

When we were through, we called the others to come get their food.

"Uno share out food well nice like a uno cook eh." Rihanna teased, taking a bite of her chicken.

"Yuh couldn't mek we prosper?" I ask, jokingly.

"No." We all laugh as we watch her stuff her face with more chicken.

Everyone was done eating and I ran over some of the details with them, along with my event planner.

Stacy was truly a miracle worker and my version of a fairy godmother. I told her the type of venue I wanted, thinking that it would be a bit much to acquire, but she made sure that I got nothing less of what I asked for.

"Wah uno a wear?" Rihanna's question is directed towards the dynamic duo that sat in the far corner.

"Nuh worry 'bout dat." Dandre answered.

"Please remember it's not a Ralph Lauren event, it is Halloween themed. . . dress accordingly." Rihanna taunts, speaking in a tone similar to that of a kindergarten teacher's.

Javier and Dandre hissed.their teeth at her remark.

I can't help but laugh at the exchange.

"Memba seh you nuh affi dress up, eno. Yuh already scary looking." Dandre countered.

"Like she figet." Javier teases.

"Arielle a save yuh, 'memba dat." She said and then turns to Javier. "And you, a true yuh too tall fi mi beat yuh, but nah go stop mi from try. Count yuh days." She narrowed her gaze at both of them. They were still laughing at their previous joke.

"Nuh bother show dem yuh powers, right now." Renée said, consoling Rihanna.

Rihanna folds her arms not rendering another response.

Wait 'till she ready fi dem

I laughed at my internal joke.

"Wah you a wear?" Arielle asked, her question directed at me.

"She nuh affi dress up either." Javier responded.

"Uno joke dead now, shut up." I retorted.

"You will all see it at the party." I said, with a smile on my face. It wasn't necessarily a suprise but I was having my costume custom made. That was the only way I could ensure that it suits me perfectly, body wise and for my preferences to be expertly executed.

"Mi think yuh did go mek we go along with a particular theme." She said, I understood what she meant. "No, mi rather if everybody just do whatever they like." I answer, honestly.

"We soon fawud, we ago pick up sumn' and circle." Javier announced, as he stands and Dandre does the same.