Keep Your Friends Close

"Keep Your Friends Close"

|18|

Kalíanna

A few months later. . .

Summer was filled with long and promising nights. Most days consisted of me going to work during the day and my friends and I going out in the night-or rather until morning.

I had a fair balance between work and play.

It's safe to say that I've not only saved enough money to be able to get my own apartment, but also to sustain myself until I'm fully out of my parents' house.

I had everything covered, I couldn't afford to slip up at this point in time.

Not when I'm this close.

Living in a toxic household takes a real toll on your mental health. It isn't spoken about enough, somedays are better than others but sometimes I genuinely feel as if I won't make it out.

I'm extremely proud of myself for my dedication and also thankful for those around me who have kept me motivated throughout the process.

Javier especially, because he has not allowed me to forget the bigger picture.

Despite him having things to handle for himself, that didn't stop him from being present every step of the way.

Even if it was through a small text or a five minute call.

Today, I have all my friends over because my parents were out for the night and I wanted to go over the plans for my party.

Them being my closest-and arguably my only friends. I wanted them to be upfront and present during my birthday party. I also wanted them to he aware of the proceedings of the event.

I'm a proud Libra, born on the 17th of October.

My party will be Halloween themed.

Tis' the season

I want every last detail executed as planned.

Growing up I watched one too many horror movies and they payed off because my party won't be anything short of excitement and terror.

From the haunted maze to the scary actors that I had planned. . .everything will be exciting.

If you weren't into these type of stuff, I wouldn't recommend coming because I intend for the entire night-from start to finish-to be one for the books.

And I can't do that with crybabies present.

Even if I am one myself

I ordered food before they all arrived, we can't brainstorm on empty stomachs, what kind of host would I be?

I was in the kicthen with Arielle plating the food.

"Girl, yuh hair look so nice." I said, complementing her freshly dyed haid. Her hair was naturally black but she dyed it red to go with her costume for my party. I loved the fact that my friends were equally as excited as I am.