Tables Turn

"Tables Turn"

|15|

Javier

I did us all a favor and left shortly after they arrived. I knew I had a few errands to get done either way and maybe, just maybe. . .I needed a distraction right now, or anything to use as an excuse to get out of the house. My car slowly came to a halt as I slowed down in front of a familar house in the neighborhood.

I treat life as if it's a big game of chess.

Or sometimes it's just a game for me and I didn't play fair

I'm always a few steps ahead, I always know my next move. I always knew their next move.

I stepped out of the car, pressing the fob key twice to ensure it was locked.

I don't normally go into others' terrioties alone but half of these men that I do deals with never have enough balls to try anything foul.

They knew the consequences would be dire.

No need for a reminder.

The glock in my waistband was merely a precaution.

Incase someone is feeling a little froggy, tonight.

I laughed to myself.

The securities on patrol are suddenly on high alert as I approach the tall gates. My hoodie is thrown over my head and my face is concealed by the shadows. "Mek uno boss know seh, Javi deh yah." They share a quizzical look before moving to call who I assume is their boss. One nudged the other, to move towards the gate in a childlike game of, you gwan first.

It's not long before they throw open the gates.

I stride inside the place as though it was mine.

My eyes move around every corner of the yard, scoping out the surrounding areas.

I knew that there wasn't any immediate threat but it was merely out of habit.

The door is flung open with a loud bang. Jaun, walks out fuming with anger and that alone puts a smile on my face. He didn't expect that I'd even think to show up to his place. Especially, without reinforcements.

But maybe one day they'll grow to expect the unexpected when it comes on to me.

"What the fuck do you want?" He yelled and I didn't speak until I was mere feet away from him. His Hispanic accent was still thick, despite him being in this country for a little over a few years. The stout man was barely 5 feet.

"Stop behave like a likkle bitch, Juan. Invite mi inside." I let out a small chuckle. Reveling in his fear, that look in his eyes that indicated that he was infact, the prey-weak and vulnerable.

All this money, but not nearly enough to purchase basic intelligence.

"Lets have a drink or two. . .nuh tell mi seh yuh fraid. Yuh can ask one a yuh securitiy boy dem fi stand by." I taunted, walking up the steps.

As I approached him, he took a few steps backwards.

He was evidently, caught off-guard.