Chapter 13: Found!

My sister is really weird. After the nice hug we let go and Papa says: "I'll cook us all something delicious!" We're happy about that and Mama says giggling: "I'll stay with you and then we'll play!" "Yes!", I cheered with Kazakhstan and my little brother. Papa kisses Mama's cheek, I walk out of the room smiling. "What should we play?", Mama asks us with a smile. Then he gets a pillow thrown against his arm and immediately smiles cheekily. Mama grabs the pillow and I jump out of the way. The pillow wasn't even near me! We have a pillow fight until we can't anymore. When we're done, Mama goes to Papa and I play with my siblings until dinner time.

My eyes widen as I see the beautifully laid table with dumplings and sauce. After so many years! Finally! As we happily devour our food, our parents keep smiling at us and kissing, giggling happily. Mama and Papa are together most of the time, but at night I sneak out of the room because they are quite noisy.

"Let's take her with us!", I hear Mama. "Under no circumstances are we taking one of our children with us!", Papa contradicts him. Mama tells him: "I will not go out alone and look for our remaining children alone. I want to take GEAU with me because she is our bravest and strongest daughter. I can also teach her on the journey how she can transform and then can hardly anyone can do anything to us." "Reich, I won't risk our daughter's life to maybe find her siblings. I don't want you to go alone either.", he makes clear.

I walk into the room and say clearly: "Mama, I'll come with you!" "Young lady! You can forget that!", Papa says sternly. Mama smiles at me and then says Papa: "She can come with me one time. It's not like we have to fly to Siberia. GDR and Belarus are only a few kilometers away." Mama comes to me and puts his arm around me. Papa comes to us in a bad mood and makes it clear: "No way!" "I can fly alone too!", I tell him. "And that will happen even less!", he makes clear. "I flew around alone for years and I only got caught once!", I tell him. "Once is already too much!", he says. Mama says: "I'll be with her! She's only been caught once and I've never been caught by those hunters, so let's prove to you at least once that the two of us can do it!" "GEAU, go to bed!", Papa orders me. "No!", I make it clear to him.

"Angel, I'll put you to bed, with your father we're talking against a wall again.", says Mama. I want to talk about it: "But-" Mama interrupts me and says: "Tomorrow the three of us will talk about it and by then he'll have changed his mind." I hang my head and leave the room with Mama, but we go to Papa's room. Are the three of us sleeping here? He closes the door and tells me: "We'll bring your two siblings here and then your dad will see that I need you to save your siblings." I smile and hug Mama. After the hug, I ask him: "When are we leaving?" "Now!", he replies. I jump around excitedly. He opens the window. He has his back to the door, I walk to the bed and he runs to the window before stretching his arms forward and stretching his body. As he flies through the window, he spreads his wings and pushes the air down before braking. He also pushes the air a bit in front of him with his wings so that he stands in the air. Mama gives me an encouraging smile and I head for the door before jumping out like him, but I take off immediately, rushing up over the roof, where I stop. Mama flutters to me and I follow him.

We fly higher and higher and glide over the city. I stay close to Mama and I can see him better and better as I get used to the dark. I keep getting closer to him and touch his feathers with mine to make sure he's still there to calm me down. I keep getting scared that he will disappear or fly away. We fly for a few minutes until Mama asks: "Angel, are you afraid I'm going away?" Mama knows me so well. "Yes!", I answer him and he glides his wing over mine. I feel a little better and tell him: "Thanks Mama!" "You're welcome!", he says back. We fly a bit more to a village and Mama says: "We'll land and have a look around."

I end up on the ground with him. Even though it's not the right time as we have to look for our family, I quickly hug Mama and he happily hugs me back before kissing my cheek with a smile. Then the two of us walk through the empty streets. I always stay close to him, which makes me feel more comfortable. Hand in hand and with our wings around us, we walk the streets. I would feel uncomfortable if I didn't have Mama. I look around curiously and he searches everything. Unfortunately, I don't see what he sees. I follow and watch while rubbing his back to calm him down and let him know everything is fine. Mama almost seems to me like he's not scared at all. Mama is busy looking.

I eventually hear a dog barking. Mama sits up and looks around with me. The dogs runs to us with several people. I cling to Mama and he wraps his arms around me before gently rubbing my back and transforming into a giant white wolf. I'm surprised and suddenly I'm on his back. Mama is two meters tall and the dog barks but doesn't do anything other than stand scared. I dig into Mama's soft fur. I don't quite know what's happening, but the dogs back off and the people also. Mama takes a step forward and they disappear, then he transforms back and I land softly on the floor.

Mama keeps searching and he pushes something away before climbing into the darkness and I feel uncomfortable. But Mama reaches out to me and I take his hands before I'm pulled to him and we're somewhere in the dark. Mama holds me in his arms and I feel more comfortable snuggling into him. He's going somewhere. I'm uncomfortable with all the darkness, but I know Mama will protect me. I can feel that the track isn't level and that there are a few puddles. How does Mama know where to go? Shortly after that we stop and Mama gets his Niranian head.

He lets his horns glow and I can better see where we are. I see my big siblings GDR and Belarus in front of me. I immediately jump out of Mama's arms and wake up Belarus. First she is shocked, but then she hugs me tightly. "Sister!", she exclaims enthusiastically. "Papa!", exclaims GDR a short time later, overjoyed.

We hug each other tightly. Mama and my brother hug us back. I am so happy that we are finally reunited! Together we hug for quite a while before Mama says: "Get your stuff! We're going to Papa's!" Me and Belarus are very happy about it. My brother complains: "Not to him!" "Why not?", I ask. "He hurt Papa!", he says. Reich tells him: "Soviet doesn't hurt me!" "Yes he did!", GDR contradicts. "How could he have hurt me?", Mama asks. "He bit your neck!", he says. Mama suddenly turns redder. Does he get angry? "He didn't hurt me with it!", Mama says, "I like it when he does that, otherwise I wouldn't let him bite me." We are confused My sister asks: "How can you like this?" "I just like it!", says Mama. Super weird! "The bruises?", he asks. "Either bites or clumsiness.", Mama replies. "So Soviet until you left was nice?", he asks. Mama nods and hugs him. "He's my great love and he loves you too. When he's lonely, he just makes bad decisions. He shouldn't have treated you like that, but would you give Soviets a second chance?", Mama asks him. "Yes, I think so!", he says.

We hug him happily for a while before Mama says: "Get your most valuable things! We're going home!" They immediately take a few small things with them and Mama and my siblings climb out of the hiding place before he turns into a dragon. The three of us are excited about it and climb on his back. I can fly myself, but Mama is a dragon! He walks around a bit before he takes off and we fly into the night sky together. We relax on Mama's back and Belarus falls asleep. I'm tired but I won't fall asleep! Mama flies us to the house, the window is no longer open.

Suddenly another window opens and we fly into the house. We land on our feet and shortly thereafter, Mama closes the window. Me and my siblings walk around in the dark until I feel the wall and find the light switch that lights up the room. My siblings walk behind me and mom as we walk through the house.

We hear someone sobbing and Mama immediately runs there and I follow. He peeks into the kitchen and immediately walks in before asking: "Honey, what's up?" I look. Papa cries and Mama goes to him. "Go back to the attic!", he scolds. "Honey, I'm not the clone. I just got back with our kids.", he tells him happily and Soviet starts crying more and hugs him tightly before picking him up and kissing his face. Me and my siblings come in and hug Papa, who is even happier and shortly after, happily gives us a tight hug. We hug him tight. We are so happy!

Shortly thereafter,  Mama says: "Brush your teeth, we'll make your beds!" I show them the way before we brush their teeth and Mama and Papa help with the preparations while the others sleep. I have to go to bed too and Mama and Papa kiss us goodnight before wishing us "sweet dreams". I pretend to sleep so I can sneak up on them, but fall asleep before the plan is implemented.