Chapter Fifteen

Stiles keeps his head down as he and Natasha lead Steve through the mall "First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk

Stiles keeps his head down as he and Natasha lead Steve through the mall "First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk." Natasha tells Steve. "If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." he responds as they go into a Mac store. "The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up S.H.I.E.L.D will know exactly where we are." Stiles says, as they reach a MacBook. "How much time do we have?" Steve asks. "Uh...about nine minutes from... Now." Stiles responds, putting the drive in the USB port. Frowning, Stiles starts going through the intel "Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands." he tells them. "Can you override it?" Steve asks. "The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. Slightly. I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from." Stiles decides. "Can I help you guys with anything?" an employee asks. "Oh, no. My fiancé and future brother in law is just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." Natasha smiles wrapping her arms round Stiles' middle. "Right! We're getting married." Stiles smiles, kissing his Mate. "Congratulations. Where do you guys thinking about going?" the employee.

Steve looks at the monitor and sees the signal has been traced "New Jersey." he responds. "Oh... I have the exact same glasses." the employee tells Steve. "Wow, you two are practically twins." Stiles says, going back to working on the MacBook. "Yeah, I wish. Specimen. Uh...if you guys need anything, I've been Aaron." the employee says, walking away. "Thank you. You said nine minutes, come on." Steve says. "Shh, relax. Got it. You know it?" Stiles asks, showing the signal coming from Wheaton, NJ. "I used to. Let's go." Steve responds, pulling out tree flash drive. They walk out the shop and look round "Standard tac-team. Two behind, to across, two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro." Steve tells the couple. "Shut up, Stiles put your arm around me and laugh at something I said. Steve turn to me and laugh too." Natasha says. "What?" Steve asks. "Do it!" Stiles tells him, putting an arm round Natasha and laughing. Steve copies, looking surprised when the men walk past them.

The three of them get to the escalators and start going down them, Natasha turning to Stiles when she spots Rumlow coming up the other side "Kiss me." she smiles. "Always." Stiles smirks, letting Natasha pull him down so their lips connect. Rumlow goes past them as Steve looks the opposite direction, the Captain once again looking surprised when Rumlow doesn't notice them "Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable." Stiles explains as they walk down the escalator. "Yes, they do." Steve responds. Stiles smirks slightly as he puts his arm round Natasha's shoulders "He'll be fine, just a little old fashioned." he tells her. Steve gives him a playful glare, making Stiles grin more as Natasha chuckles slightly.