Chapter Twelve

One Month Later

Stiles smiles as he walks into the living room with a large box "Pups?" he calls

Stiles smiles as he walks into the living room with a large box "Pups?" he calls. Isaac, Liam and Theo run down the stairs "What's in the box ojciec (father in polish)?" Isaac asks. Stiles smiles and leads them into the living room where Natasha, Clint, Peter and Lydia "Is that what I think it is?" Clint smiles. "Yep." Stiles nods. "What is it dad?" Liam asks. "Open it." Stiles tells them, putting the box on the floor. The three of them open the box as Natasha films them "Puppy!" the three of them smile, getting the puppy out the box. Stiles smiles and sits on the sofa, watching as they play with the Bernadoodle (Saint Bernard cross Poodle) puppy. "What breed is she?" Theo asks. "She's a Bernadoodle." Stiles responds. "She's adorable." Liam smiles. "What are you three calling her?" Natasha asks. "Paddy." the three of them respond. Peter smiles slightly as they watch the three of them fuss and play with the puppy "I think they have a new favourite." he tells them. "What gives you that idea?" Stiles asks jokingly.

Six Months Later (Winter Solider - I'm changing the timeline so it happens sooner)

Stiles hugs Isaac, Liam and Theo close "Do you have to go?" Isaac asks. "You know I do Pups." Stiles tells them. "But why are both you and mum going this time?" Liam asks. "Because so fellow agents have been kidnapped and they need our help. How about this, when we get back we'll have a movie day?" Stiles asks. "Okay." the three of them respond. "Cheer up, you still got me, Lyds and Peter here." Clint smiles, ruffling their hair. The three of them, playfully bat his hand away with smiles "Okay, car is all packed." Natasha says, walking in. "Okay, be good for your dad or no movie day." Stiles warns. "Okay ojciec." the three pups respond. Stiles smiles and kisses each of them on the head, Natasha copying "We shouldn't be to long." Stiles tells Clint. "I know." Clint responds, kissing him. Stiles smiles "We'll see you all soon. Lydia, make sure they don't burn the place down." he jokes, hugging the strawberry blonde and Peter. "That was one time." Theo pouts. "How does one set fire to pasta?" Peter asks. "It just happened." Theo defends. Stiles chuckles and climbs in the car "I'll see you soon Pups." he promises, beginning to drive off. "Never gets easier, does it?" Natasha asks. "No." Stiles responds, shaking his head. "They'll be fine Foksi." Natasha tells him. "I know. It's just the bond pulling slightly, getting used to being away from them and Clint. It's better with you here." Stiles explains, holding Natasha's hand over the console.

Once in Washington, Stiles pulls up to the curb where Steve is talking to someone "Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? We're here to pick up a fossil." Natasha asks. "That's hilarious." Steve says, walking over. "How you doing?" the man asks, walking over. "Hey." Stiles and Natasha respond. "Can't run everywhere." Steve tells the man. "No, you can't." he responds. Stiles pulls away once Steve is in "Any idea why we're being called in?" Steve asks. "Kidnapping of S.H.I.E.L.D agents." Stiles responds, heading towards headquarters.

Stiles stands next to Natasha as they, Steve and Rumlow talk about the mission, Rumlow's STRIKE team listening in "The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star

Stiles stands next to Natasha as they, Steve and Rumlow talk about the mission, Rumlow's STRIKE team listening in "The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." Rumlow explains. "Any demands?" Steve asks. "A billion and a half." Rumlow responds. "Why so steep?" Steve frowns. "Because it S.H.I.E.L.D's." Rumlow tells him. "So it's not off-course, it's trespassing." Steve says. "I'm sure they have a good reason." Natasha tells them, Stiles smiling lightly. "You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor." Steve tells them. "Relax, it's not that complicated." Natasha tells him. "How many pirates?" Stiles asks, steering the conversation back to the mission. "Twenty-five, top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc. Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties." Rumlow responds, pulling up an image of Batroc. "Hostages?" Steve asks. "Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley." Rumlow responds, pulling up an image of Sitwell. "What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship? Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out. Let's move." Steve tells them. "STRIKE, you heard the Cap. Gear up." Rumlow tells his team.

Stiles puts his comms in his ear as Natasha sorts her weapons "Secure channel seven." Steve says into his wrist communicator. "Seven secure. Did you do anything fun Saturday night?" Natasha asks. "Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so... No, not really." Steve responds. "Coming up by the drop zone, Cap." the pilot says over the speaker. "You know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics, she'd probably say yes." Natasha tells him. "That's why I don't ask." Steve tells her. "Too shy or too scared?" Stiles asks him. "Too busy!" Steve responds, jumping out the jet. "Was he wearing a parachute?" a member of STRIKE team asks. "No. No, he wasn't." Rumlow smiles. One of the STRIKE agents go to pass Stiles and Natasha a parachute each "Oh, we don't need them." Stiles smirks, letting his wings out. Natasha smiles and lets Stiles pick her up as she wraps her arms round his neck, Stiles jumping out the jet with her in his arms.