Chapter Two

Stiles walks down the path, stopping when he sees Nick stood by a tree. Taking a breath he walks over "I've thought over your offer, if you show me proof then I would like to join S.H.I.E.L.D." Stiles tells him. Nick nods "Come with me, I'll give you your proof." he says, leading Stiles to a black SUV. The two of them climb in the SUV, Nick handing Stiles a file. Stiles opens it and starts reading their information in it, showing the creation of S.H.I.E.L.D and everything they've done over the years for the world. When he gets to the last page he freezes "Wait, this is my mother. She was a S.H.I.E.L.D Agent?" he asks in shock. "It's how I met your father, I visited a few times when you were first born. I stopped when you were getting older as they didn't want you to know about her being and Agent til you were old enough, she never had the chance though." Nick explains. Stiles feels tears in his eyes, looking at the picture of his mother around his age "I want to you up on your offer." he decides. Nick nods "I'll drop you off at your apartment to pack, I need you to come in and help with a mission. We need your knowledge of the Supernatural on this one." he explains.

One Year Later...

Stiles walks outside the compound, standing next to Phil Coulson as a helicopter lands and drops Maria Hill and Nick Fury off "How bad is it?" Nick asks

Stiles walks outside the compound, standing next to Phil Coulson as a helicopter lands and drops Maria Hill and Nick Fury off "How bad is it?" Nick asks. "That's the problem sir. We don't know." Phil responds as they walk into the compound, passing fleeing technicians who are taking only the essentials. "Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago." Stiles explains. "NASA didn't authorise Selvig to test phase." Nick frowns. "He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement." Stiles tells him. "It just turned itself on?" Maria asks in surprise. "What are the energy levels?" Nick asks. "Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac." Phil responds. "How long to get everyone out?" Nick asks. "Campus should be clear in the next half hour." Stiles tells him. "Do better." Nick tells Phil, who nods and walked off. "Sir, evacuation may be futile." Maria tells Nick as they walk deeper. "We should tell them to go back to sleep?" Nick asks her. "If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance." Maria responds. "I need you to make sure Phase 2 prototypes are shipped out." Nick tells her, Stiles looking at Nick in confusion. "Sir, is that really a priority right now?" Maria asks. "Until such a time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Every piece of Phase 2 on a truck and gone." Nick tells her. "Yes sir. With me." Maria tells a couple of nearby agents. "You going to tell me what Phase Two is?" Stiles asks. "No." Nick tells him.

Rolling his eyes, Stiles follows Nick into the radiation facility housing the Tesseract "Talk to me doctor." Nick tells Selvig. "Director." Selvig greets. "Is there anything we know for certain?" Nick asks. "The Tesseract is misbehaving." the Doctor responds. "Is that supposed to be funny?" Nick glares. "No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active, she's... misbehaving." Selvig responds. "How soon until you pull the plug?" Nick asks. "She's an energy source-" Selvig starts. "If we turn off the power, she turns it back on." Stiles cuts in, Selvig nodding. "If she reaches peak level..." Selvig trails off. "We've prepared for this doctor. Harnessing energy from space." Nick tells him. "We don't have the harness. Our calculations are far from complete. Now she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation." Selvig explains. "That can be harmful. Where's Barton?" Nick asks. "The Hawk? Up in his nest, as usual." Selvig responds. "Agent Barton, report." Nick says into his ear piece.

Clint rappels down from the catwalk above and walks over "I gave you this detail so you could keep a close eye on things." Nick tells him as Clint and Stiles bump fists. "Well, I see better from a distance." Clint responds "Are you seeing anything that might set this thing off?" Nick asks. "Doctor, it's spiking again." a scientist tells Selvig. "No one's come or gone. It's oven is clean. No contacts, no I.M.s. If there was any tampering, sir, it wasn't at this end." Clint responds to Nick's question. "At this end?" Nick asks. "Yeah, the cube is a doorway to the other end of space, right?" Clint points out. "Doors open from both sides." Stiles realises. The Tesseract thunders and shakes the entire compound, the cube glows brighter and emits a ring of light that builds like a beam. The power hits the edge of the platform and begins to form a vortex, which them becomes a portal. Space appears through the portal and a gust of blue energy knocks people back, the cloud shooting to the ceiling as the portal on the platform opens up. A man with dark hair steps through, the portal vanishing as the man grins at everyone. Stiles feels his shoulder blades shift when he sees that the man holding his spear, the man frowning when he sees them looking at him. Stiles puts a hand on his Katana, ready to unsheathe it at a moments notice "Sir please put down the spear." Nick tells the man, holding his gun.

The man fires a blast of blue energy from his spear, Clint tackling Fury out of the way just in time. Everyone shoots at the man, but the bullets deflect off of him. Stiles unsheathes his Katana and gets ready to fight as the man takes everyone, who is shooting at him, down. Clint goes to attack the man but is quickly disarmed "You have heart." the man tells him, putting his spear to Clint's chest. Clint's eyes glow black then blue as he stops resisting, the man going and controlling other agents around the room. Nick looks at Stiles and motions to the Tesseract, nodding Stiles sneaks over and grabs the Tesseract. He quickly puts it in a briefcase, trying to sneak out with Nick "Please don't. I still need that." the man tells them. "This doesn't have to get any messier." Stiles tells him, his wings itching to come out. "Of course it does. I've come too far for anything else. I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose." Loki responds. "Loki? Brother of Thor?" Selvig asks. "We have no quarrel with your people." Nick tells Loki. "An ant had no quarrel with a boot." Loki responds. "You planning to step on us?" Nick asks. "I come with glad tidings, of a world made free." Loki smiles. "Free from what?" Stiles frowns. "Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart..." Loki turns and puts his spear to Selvig's chest, Selvig's eyes going black then blue "You will know peace." Loki finishes. "Yeah, you say peace, I kind of think you mean the other thing." Nick tells him.

Stiles looks at the energy that is building above them "Sir, Director Fury and Agent.M are stalling. This place is about to blow. Drop a hundred feet of rock on us. He means to bury us." Clint tells Loki. "Like the Pharaohs of old." Nick confirms. "He's right. The portal is collapsing in on itself. You got maybe two minutes before this goes critical." Selvig confirms. "Well then." Loki says, looking at Barton who goes to shoot Nick. Stiles' wings burst out as he dives at Nick, tackling him to the floor as the bullet hits his wing. Clint grabs the case containing the Tesseract and leaves the lab with Loki, Selvig, and the other controlled S.H.I.E.L.D personnel. Stiles groans as he rolls onto his back "Fuck that hurts." he groans. Nick helps him up, Stiles looking at his wing and pulling the bullet out before curling his wings back in "Hill, do you copy? Barton is compromised. He's got the Tesseract! Track it down!" Nick tells Maria in a walkie talkie, he and Stiles running out the lab.

The two of them run out the compound and onto the helipad, Nick climbing in as Stiles unfurls his wings and takes flight. Looking down, Stiles watches as the ground gives way, the entire co pound falling into a sinkhole. There's a flash of blue and the compound is sucked into an implosion, Stiles looks round and spots the truck with Loki in. Upholstering his gun, he flies down and starts shooting at the truck the same time as Nick. Loki fires an energy blast at the helicopter, making it catch fire. Nick jumps out of the flaming helicopter, Stiles grabbing his hand and landing on the ground as the helicopter hits the ground. Nick tries to shoot at the truck but finds them too far away "Director? Director Fury, do you copy?" Phil asks over the walkie talkie. "The tesseract is with the hostile force. I have men down. Hill?" Nick responds. "A lot of men still under, don't know how many survivors. Is Agent.M with you?" Maria asks. "I'm all good Maria." Stiles tells her. "Sound the general call. I want every living soul not working rescue looking for that briefcase." Nick tells them. "Roger that." Maria responds. "Coulson, get back to base with Agent.M. This is a Level Seven. As of right now, we are at war." Nick orders. "What do we do?" Coulson asks.