Chapter 14: Or maybe we should just be friends...

Listen to Just Friends by Shane Harper! It's amazing! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Connor had a hurt expression on his face. "Oh, I see. I'll be gone in the morning." He began walking up the stairs.

"Connor, wait! I'm sorry. I didn't mean it, I swear. I was just mad."

"Sure you were," he said and began walking to his room.

                                                           ~*~

It's been two weeks since the argument I had with Connor. He hasn't talked to me since he left to go back home. I really didn't mean anything I said to him.

Another sad thing about this week is that Trevor and I both got eliminated off The X Factor. Neither of us made it past Boot Camp. I would've made it, really. It's just that someone in the back coughed during my performance and screwed me up. Trevor didn't make it because his nerves got the best of him I guess. I didn't really care.

I still haven't spoken to Trevor since the little mishap at my house with Devin. Devin and I are also becoming really good friends.

                                                           ~*~

I was walking to school, as usual still a bit depressed about missing Connor and being eliminated, but I tried my best to smile through it. As I was walking I heard someone shouting my name. I turned around and saw Trevor running toward me. Ugh could he just leave me alone?

"Hey Delilah. Can I please just talk to you? We haven't spoken in forever!"

I sighed. "What do you want from me?!"

"Are you and Devin...together?"

"No."

His face lit up just a bit. "Oh...Can I please just talk to you about our whole situation, please?"

I nodded. "When?"

He smiled a small smile. "Right after school, let's go to the park and I'll explain everything."

I nodded in agreement. He opened his arms for a hug. What the hell? I tried my best not to break and hug him. After about 10 seconds of him just standing there with his arms out, I sighed and caved.

I hugged him and walked away from him and into the school. I ran to my locker and bumped into someone. I fell, of course. I looked up and saw Devin's green eyes staring down at me. He held his hand out and helped me up.

He chuckled. "You alright, babe?"

"Don't call me babe."

"Can I call you love?"

"No."

"Sweetheart?"

"No."

"Honey?"

"No."

"Sugar?"

"HELL NO."

"Sweetie?"

"Yes!"

"Really?!"

"No."

"Lilah?"

I actually kind of liked that one. "Yeah, I like it."

"Really? You do?"

"I guess."