Chapter 12: Why can't you go away?!

Sorry, I didn't update last night! Stuff happens, you know. xD Sorry it's kind of short!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Zach...was the cause of all of my pain. He was the cause of my bullying. He was the cause of me trying to..." I felt tears stinging my eyes and let them fall this time. "Kill myself," I whispered.

Connor's eyes grew wide, his jaw dropped and he was at a loss for words.

                                                               ~*~

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN?!" Connor was shouting now.

More tears came falling. "Stop yelling, please!"

Connor took a deep breath. "Sorry. But what are you talking about? What did he do to make you hate him so much? And I want the truth."

I sighed. I've kept this secret long enough. I know I can trust Connor and I think it's about time that he knows.

"You know how I was bullied back home, right?"

He nodded.

"Well the bullying was caused by Zach..."

"What did he fucking do?!"

"Hey, hey, hey! No profanity while I'm telling you the story. Hold it until the end please. Anyway, him and I started dating about a year ago. He tried to take advantage of me...He told me that he loved me. He wanted me to have...sex with him, but I refused because we're too damn young for that! But Zach insisted on getting what he wanted."

"Why did that cause you to get bullied? And why did-"

"Connor, shut up and let me finish the story. Okay, emkay!" I shouted, even though I was still crying. "As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, he w-wanted s-sex. I said no. After about a month of his b-begging and pleading, a-and me s-saying no, he just in-insisted on having it. So he tried to...he...h-he tried to r-r-rape me." Wow, it's really hard to talk while sobbing...

"THAT LITTLE MOTHERFUCKER DID WHAT?!"

I felt more tears forming in my eyes. "Yeah. So-somehow I fought him off though and r-r-ran away. He told the whole sch-school that he had sex with me then d-dumped me, which is NOT true at all. Then ev-everyone started m-making fun of me and then it b-began getting worse and worse by the day."

"THAT LITTLE DUMBASS DID ALL OF THAT?! I'M GONNA KILL HIM."

"No Connor! As much as we'd both like to k-kill him, I don't want him trying to call me or anything if you did try to kill him. And I didn't finish yet! So as the bullying progressed, I began to...cut myself and then people f-found it funny that my arms were completely cut up. I actually did try to kill myself. I ended up in the hospital for a while and yeah...that's basically the story."

I jumped into Connor's arms and began bawling my eyes out. Connor began hugging me and rubbing my back. It made me feel a little better. This was an extremely emotional moment for me because I have never told anyone this. Not even Tracy or my mom knows about the bullying back home.

                                                                      ~*~

                                                       (The next morning)

I really was not in the mood for school today. I didn't think that I could handle staring into Trevor's piercing blue eyes. I also wasn't in the mood for Devin. I wasn't in the mood for anything.

I wish that I could just stay home all day with Connor. I sighed loudly as I grabbed my school bag. I ran over to Connor and gave him a hug before I had to leave.

"If you need anything or Trevor pisses you off, call me and I'll run right up to the school," Connor said.

I nodded and gave him one last hug before I walked out of the door. As I was walking, I saw Trevor. Ugh, why can't he just leave me alone and go away? He saw me and ran over.

"Delilah! I can explain!"

"Save it Trevor. You realized that you didn't actually like me. It's no big deal. I've had guys pity me before and now I know that you're just another guy on the list of guys who used me."

"But I-"

"It's okay Trevor. At least this ended when it did or I'd be a lot more hurt in the future. At least I'm not wasting anymore time," I said.

Before I knew it, I was running into the school and to my locker. I quickly grabbed my stuff and ran to my first class. I took my seat next to Devin and he smiled at me. I gave him a questioning look.

"How much longer until the bell rings?" he asked.

I looked at the clock. "About ten minutes. Why?"

"I want to show you something. Please?"

"Last time you showed me something, I was almost late and it made me cry."

"No, c'mon! I think you might actually like this. Please?"

I sighed and stood up. "This better be good."

"Oh it is!"

He dragged me into the hallway and pulled me into the art wing of the school. I love this area, mostly because I love art and they display art the students created. He finally stopped at a painting and pointed at it. It was amazing. It was a painting of some girl. It was gorgeous. It was so realistic! She looked kind of familiar...

I smiled at it. "Why are you showing me this?"

"I painted it, I swear."

"Don't lie to me, Kirk."

"I'm not lying, Scardino. Look at the signature."

I looked closely at the signature and saw that Devin really did paint it. "Wow! It's amazing! It's-"

"You," Devin cut me off.

"Huh?"

"The girl in the painting. It's you."

"Woah. That's so awesome and sweet. You must have worked really hard on it."

"I did."

"But Devin, why me?" I was curious.

He blushed. "Because you're amazing."

What the hell happened to Devin the jerk?! Split-personalities much?

"Maybe I could show you some more of my art soon? I could bring it over your house and show you?"

Woah...Devin, is that really you?

"Um.." I thought about saying no, but I saw Trevor walking by and staring at us, probably wondering what's going on. "Sure, Devin. I'd love to," I said as I hugged him. Trevor looked extremely jealous and quickly walked away. Revenge is sweet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about how sucky and short this chapter is. I just really thought this needed an update tonight :D So Trevor's a cheater, Devin's being nice and Delilah's acting prissy. Interesting... Vote/Comment? Or not...