Chapter 5: What's going on?

This is where it starts to get a little better! (hopefully!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The past few days have a been a blur. Nothing at all happened and I literally did nothing. I've just been laying in bed, eating and then sleeping. Tracy's words truly discouraged me and I've been completely ignoring my phone that wouldn't stop ringing. I haven't even practiced for the audition at all. I wasn't even sure if I even wanted to do it anymore.

I picked up my phone and nearly freaked out at the date. My audition is TOMORROW?! I'm definitely not going to make it past the audition. I also had 10 missed calls and 12 text messages from Connor. I had 3 missed calls and 2 texts from Trevor. I guess this is what happens when you ignore your phone for days. I decided that I should call Connor back first. He answered after the first ring.

"Delilah, why the hell haven't you answered my calls?! I thought something happened to you! Are you okay?"

"Connor, you need to chill out. I'm fine," I lied.

"I know when you're lying to me," Connor replied. Dang it.

"I've just been depressed. And Tracy has been such a jerk lately."

"Well are you okay?" Connor sounded concerned.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm actually kind of tired, so I'll probably call you back," I said.

"Oh okay...Good luck on your audition tomorrow."

"Thanks," I said as I ended the call. Now I must call Trevor back. He answered almost immediately.

"Delilah, have you been hiding from me?"

"No, Trevor. I've just been kind of sick lately," I replied. It wasn't exactly a lie because Tracy makes me sick.

"Oh, are you okay?" Trevor asked.

I nodded. Wait, why am I nodding? He can't see me. Gosh, I'm stupid. "I think so."

"Will you be okay for the audition tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry."

"Okay."

"Yeah..."

"Well I have to go. I may or may not see you tomorrow," Trevor said. Wow...talk about awkward!

I looked over at the clock and it was only 4 pm. I decided to go for a walk. I quickly took a shower and changed. I grabbed my iPod and phone and began walking toward the door.

"Where are you going?" I jumped and screamed. I turned around an saw that it was my mom.

"I'm just going for a walk. I'll be back soon, okay?"

My mom nodded and I ran out of the door. I decided to go to the park again. I sat on one of the swings and swung back and forth for a while. After a while, I got bored and began walking home. I went straight to bed, not caring about anything at the moment. I'm not going to audition tomorrow.

                                                                       ~*~

"Delilah, it's time to get up!" I heard my mom shout. I opened my eyes and looked at her.

"Why do I have to get up? What time is it?"

"It's 5 am! We're going to be extra early for your audition!"

"I'm not doing it!"

"And exactly why not?"

"I'm not good enough."

"Yes you are! You're amazing. Please do the audition?"

"...Nope."

"Please? You've waited forever for this! This is your dream, remember?"

I sighed. "I suppose I can give it a try."

"Yes! Now, c'mon! Take a shower and get dressed! I'll make breakfast while you're getting ready."

                                                                       ~*~ 

We quickly ate breakfast and I was shoved into the car. I was actually excited. Thank goodness that Tracy isn't coming with us! I was also hoping that I would actually meet Trevor today. I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost 7 am. Ugh I hate early mornings. We finally got to our destination and hurried in line.

After about 4 hours of waiting, yes 4 hours, we finally got my number and went inside. We sat and waited patiently. The atmosphere of this whole place was amazing! It was crowded, loud and just all around crazy.

"Delilah, can you buy me a water from the vending machine?" my mom asked as she handed me a dollar. "Buy one for yourself too," she said as she handed me another dollar.

I nooded. I stood up and tried to weave myself through all of the people. Goodness it was crowded! I almost made my way through, when I bumped into someone and fell on my butt. I looked up and it was Trevor! I began to get excited.

"Watch where you're going, loser," Trevor said to me.

He glared at me for a moment. What the hell?! Why was Trevor being so mean to me? Did he not recognize me? He seemed so sweet on the phone and through our text messages! I tried my best to hold back my tears and luckily I overcame the urge to cry. I quickly bought the bottles of water for my mom and I and began walking back to her. I passed Trevor on the way back and he rolled his eyes at me and began talking to some tall, blonde kid. Huh?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if it's short and sucky. I worked hard on this, though! Vote and/or comment if you like it!