Chapter 41 - Promising Youth Program

Izuku ignored the doctor when he told him and his mom he wouldn't have a quirk. He didn't care whether the people around him believed in him or not, not when he could literally see the vestiges of One For All around him, quietly supporting his decision. Kacchan's essence was pissed that Izuku took his own life to speedrun the next loop and others had voiced their concerns as well. Izuku's mental well-being wasn't exactly...at its best, to say the least. Not that that changed things. No, Momo was right. It was time to stop running away. He just needed a chance to prove himself...

Luckily Izuku knew what sort of disaster would happen at certain times, having lived through his childhood so many times before. It wasn't all that hard to position himself on a scene of a serious car crash and prevent people from dying by using his quirks. Lifting cars with Blackwhip, making himself float so could survey the situation, using Danger Sense to make sure everyone was safe. There was some backlash on his body, but it wasn't as severe as Izuku feared it would be. No, he simply coughed up some blood. Which, now that he thought about it, probably indicated internal organ damage.

"Izuku!"

Ah yeah, his mom would be worried, too. He hadn't shown any signs of developing a quirk, after all, and he was already six at this point. She probably thought it was never going to happen.

"Using all those quirks at once overloaded your body," Yoichi told him as his mom fussed over him. "Be mindful of it next time. We do not want to cause any unnecessary or permanent harm."

Permanent harm, what a joke. Izuku understood his sentiment, though. He didn't want to needlessly worry the vestiges either. The incident was resolved without much trouble as the police escorted him and his mom to the hospital to make sure he was alright after his sudden quirk manifestation. They had to run some tests to determine what it was exactly and whether it would continue to harm him if he used it again. The police questioned him while they waited for the results, but since he was still a small child they were sweet and kind, unlike the way he'd been treated by them on several other occasions across his lifetimes.

"You were very brave today," an officer told him with a smile. "I'm sure you'll make a great hero one day!"

"Really?" Izuku gasped, acting up for the sake of it, and maybe he was a little enthusiastic as well. It had been a while since he was able to be a real actual hero...

"Of course!" the officer nodded. "I bet your quirk will get a super cool name, too."

It was then that the doctor came back into the room, followed by agents from the Hero Commission. The only reason Izuku knew they were from the commission was because he'd seen people like that before in his previous lives. Nothing else indicated who they might work for or what their job actually was.

"Mrs Midoriya, I'm afraid we'll need to do additional tests in order to figure out your son's quirk factor," the doctor explained while the agents of the commission guided the police officers outside. "But from what we've gathered so far, he possesses a strong energy manipulation quirk of some kind."

"Since energy manipulation quirks are quite rare and generally very strong, we'd like to monitor your son for the time being," one of the commission agents said as they handed over their business card to Inko. "The Hero Commission wants to ensure the safety and well-being of your son, as well as the people around him. And if it's his wish, and with your permission, we can guide him to the path of becoming a pro hero."

"My son is six," Inko stammered out, a little overwhelmed by this new information.

"There is no need to make a decision right now," the agent said. "But monitoring his quirk is necessary to determine how it functions and how powerful it will become. We are the most equipped to handle such matters."