Chapter 28 - Fights and Warnings

"Sit still!" Hatsume complained as she moved some wires around to get to the loose competent. Katsuki groaned, flexing his fingers as Mei glared at him again. The ash blonde glared right back before looking aside at Izuku, who was busy recalibrating Hitoshi's support item.

"Tell me why the hell I'm here again?"

"You promised to help me out with my midterm project, Kacchan," Izuku pouted. He was screwing something shut on the mask he was working on before holding it out to Shinsou. "Try it on now? Does it still slip off?"

"Yeah, help you," Katsuki hissed, shaking Hatsume off his arm as she burned him with her welding equipment. Wait, why was she welding? Kacchan's bracers were supposed to be flexible and sporadic so his sweat could pass through, and Izuku was pretty sure no welding material would do the job... Then again, Meid liked to experiment. "The hell are you trying to do?! Kill me?!"

"Excuse me, this is supposed to be for you," Hatsume huffed, crossing her arms. "Tailor made means tailor made!"

"It doesn't mean you can't use a fake arm for the construction phase, right?"

"That's-" Mei started, only for her face to go slack and her expression completely blank. Izuku's eyes widened as he stared at Shinsou, who'd just talked in Kacchan's voice. He's successfully brainwashed her and nobody even saw it coming.

"That's creepy as fuck," Katsuki whispered, not liking the fact his own voice came from someone else's mouth. "Never do that shit again."

"Can't make any promises," Shinsou grinned as he took off his support mask, not releasing Hatsume from her trance quite yet.

"It works!" Izuku beamed as he took it off his hands. "We'll need to run a few more tests- Recalibrate and recheck the calculations so- Yes, but it should be almost complete now! I'll be able to finish it in time for the midterm exams! This is great news!"

"Oi! I thought my piece was gonna be your midterm project?" Katsuki snapped, ripping off the half-build equipment from his arm. Oh, if Hatsume could move, she would've killed him for that. "I could be training for my own test right now, you know?"

"Cause you promised me we'd study together after this, remember?" Izuku asked. "And I also promised Hatsume we'd work on our projects together, so it's a win-win!"

"For you, maybe," Katsuki grumbled, glancing aside at the pink haired girl. "You gonna release her or what?"

"If you insist," Hitoshi smirked, lifting his brainwashing, only for Hatsume to go feral and attack Katsuki for destroying all her hard work. Izuku snorted, yelping as he held up the voice changer when they started running around, trying to keep it out of the destruction range. Shinsou helped him put it away while dodging wrenches and explosions, making sure it didn't get damaged in their quarrel. They decided to call it a day after that, or, well, Izuku and Kacchan split from the others to go study on their own for a bit.

"Next time, you're making my support items," Katsuki grumbled, taking Izuku's hand as they walked. "Scratch that, you're the only one that'll be making my support items. Don't want that goggle shit messing me up in the name of her so-called science."

"Of course! Hero partners, remember?" Izuku smiled.

"Yeah, partners," Katsuki hummed with a small smile. They ended up going to Katsuki's house to study, where the ash blonde continued to complain about his friends as they quizzed each other on some of their mutual subjects. Geography, at the moment. Hatsume was too rash, too reckless. Guess that's why you two are friends Kacchan had joked. And Shinsou... Well, Izuku didn't know why Kacchan was so distant towards him. They were really similar in a lot of things, so if anything, Izuku had expected Kacchan to get on with him even without his memories.