Chapter 16

Tessa's POV

I wake up in my clothes from last night with a huge headache. All I can think about is me kissing Oscar. I should probably text him and apologize. I'm pretty sure I embarrassed myself in front of him. Heck, I know I embarrassed myself, I barely even know the guy and I already kissed him. Way to ruin a friendship in the making Tessa.

I get up and fall down immediately forgetting I had heels on. I turn on my back and stare at the ceiling. What am I doing with my life? I've made 2 friends and I haven't been taking any of my classes seriously. I get drunk every weekend occasionally not remembering anything. I run my hands through my hair and try to get up again.

It's a Saturday morning so I decide to stay in today and finish all my upcoming assignments and more, just so I don't fall behind again. It feels good getting back into my groove with my school work again. I haven't really tried to keep up with it recently with the whole divorce with harry, but now since the hardest part is over it looks like I can start to get my life back on track.

Once I finished all my work for next week, I decide to get a new number so harry won't try to contact me in anyway and all his closet friends can't contact me either. I need to leave everything that deals with him in the past. We have 2 more weeks until Christmas break and I couldn't be more ready for it.

When I look up at the clock it's 7:00pm. I get up and go to the showers. I still have my leftover makeup on from last nights party and I feel disgusting. I know I probably still smell like alcohol so I end up spending an hour in there. When I cover myself with a towel, I notice I didn't bring any clothes with me to change into. Great, now I have to walk down the halls like this.

I try my best to walk as fast as I can. I turn the corner and I smack right into someone and fall back, hitting my head on the ground.

"Owww" I say while placing my hand on my head rubbing it.

"Tessa? Oh my god, I'm so sorry you just came out of no where" a familiar voice says. I look up and see Oscar. Of course, the one person I'm trying to avoid.

"It's fine, it was my fault I wasn't watching where I was going" I say with a slight smile. I tug at my towel, thank god it didn't fall off of me.

"Are you okay? I tried texting you but you never answered. I wanted to make sure you were still alive after last night. You drank a lot" he says laughing

"Oh" I can feel my cheeks getting hot "yeah I changed my number today, long story" I look up at him and he looks confused. I start to walk past him to try to get to my room but I feel his hand go around my wrist stopping me.

"Did I do something to upset you?" He says in the saddest tone that makes me just wanna hug him

"No of course not, I'm just embarrassed about last night. That's not how I usually act" I say sighing

"Hey" he says while grabbing both of my hands "we've all been there. Plus, somehow you've managed to still be cute while being drunk like that." He says laughing

"Oh my god!" I say bringing my hands to my face "I'm so sorry" I say laughing

"Tessa, stop. It's fine. Look, ill let you go get cleaned up but I would really love to have your number..if you want to give it to me of course" he says nervously

"Yes here give me your phone" I hold out my hand and wait for him to place it there. Once he does, I grab it and put in my information.

"There" I say with a smile. I turn on my heel and walk down the hallway and I can't help but start smiling.

When I get back to my dorm, I pick up my phone and text Nichole. I haven't seen her since last night and I haven't heard from her all day.

2 minutes later I hear my phone ring

*hey girl! I'm fine, had a terrible hangover so I've been downing Advil and sleeping all day! See u in class tomorrow ;) xoxo"

I read it and laugh to myself. Of course she would sleep it off, it's very Nichole of her. I'm so glad I found such a great person to be in my life. She takes my mind off everything and actually makes me have fun.

I look up at the time and it's 10 now. I'm exhausted.

-

A loud buzz wakes me up and it's my alarm clock going off. I get up and curl the ends of my hair and put on some mom jeans since the rest of my clothes are dirty. I don't feel too comfortable In these since they hug my hips a little too well, at least they are somewhat baggy. I put on a white long sleeve shirt and some vans and start heading to class.

I plop down in my seat for psychology and seconds later Nichole sits next to me.

"Hey Tessa! Wow you actually look really hot today, new jeans?" She says eyeing them closely

" ha ha. No, I've just never worn these before. I had no other clothes. " I say with a laugh

" well they look great on you! I'm sure Oscar will think so too" she says nudging me

" oh my god stop I'm already embarrassed enough about what happened at the party" I say covering my face

" oh you'll be fine, I'm just glad you're finally loosening up" she says smiling

After psych, the day goes by pretty fast. It was basically the same thing everyday, go to class and come back to the dorms and do homework. I normally don't hangout with Nichole during the week so it was a pretty normal boring week like usual. I was actually pretty excited for this weekend, there are tons of Christmas parties happening before we all go home for the holidays. I actually enjoy letting loose and having fun. It's been a while since the whole accident with harry and I haven't really thought twice about him. We've fought so much over the years and he's left so many times. I think that's why it's been so easy for me to let go since I'm use to this. Every time it happened it took a little love out of me. I finally got use to the idea of him doing something to fuck up and I was ready to let go and move on with my life. I'm ready to live a normal college girl life and just focus on school and my friends.

Im all caught up for next weeks work so I can officially say that I'm not stressing about anymore homework and actually ready to have some fun this weekend.