Chapter 14

Tessa's POV

" Three page essay " he repeats knowing i was dozed off. I look up at him seeing him staring at me.

" Tessa come here for a second " i get up from my table and walk over to him.

"Is everything alright at home?" he says putting his hand on my shoulder.

"yeah, i worked through some family stuff yesterday. everything's good now. "

he gives me a nod and i walk back over to my chair. i shouldnt have come here. it brings back to many memories. i try so hard to push him out of my head but he always finds a way to get back in. i just need to focus on school and not harry. i pick up my pencil and think of how to begin my essay. i begin to write down my first sentence, then it all came to me. Before i knew it i was already on my second paragraph. When i started to begin my last paragraph the bell rang.

"We will finish these tomorrow" the professor says.

I stuff my paper and pens in my bag and grab my books before he tried to talk to me again. its not that i didn't like talking to him, i just wasn't in the mood to talk about what was happening at home.

All i know right now is that i'm starving. i decide to go to the food court. I order a salad and a sweet tea. I grab a seat and look up and see all the happy couples. i look back down to my food immediately before i start getting emotional in front of everyone. i grab my phone and scroll through instagram while eating at the same time. everyone is posting picture with their friends. thats what i need. i need to hangout with some friends and get my mind off things. i dial liams number and wait for him to pick up.

"Tessa?" he says in a worried voice. i wasn't surprised the only time i really call liam is when harry does something.

"Im fine liam" i say with a laugh. "I was just seeing if you were in town."

"No, im not. Sorry!" he says.

"no no its fine. alright, well i gotta go. ill talk to you later" i hang up and sigh.

I dont have anyone else i trust and actually like. i continue to eat my salad and scroll through instagram.

"hey, is this seat taken?" i hear someone say from in front of me. i look up and see oscar standing there smiling.

"no. here sit." i say pointing to the chair.

" a pretty girl like you shouldn't be sitting here all alone." he says staring at me.

I feel my cheeks getting hot. " well i am." i say before noticing how rude that sounding. " Im sorry. im just going through some things right now."

"Its fine, i understand. do you want to talk about it?"

" Thats one thing i don't want to talk about." I say laughing. I look up at him and get a good look at his face. he gets dimples when he smiles and it makes me smile. He looks at me and catches me staring. i look down fast and it makes him laugh.

" I really should be going" i say standing up gathering all my things.

" here, ill walk you to your car."

We walk the whole way there in silence. Some laughs on the way so it wouldn't be awkward.

" Well, thanks for walking me out." i say with a smile. he hands me my books and i put them in the passenger seat. i start my car and start to drive off slowly.

"Wait!" he says yelling.

I stop the car and look up at him. "yeah?"

" Can i at least get your number?" he says with a grin.

I start to smile and pull out my phone. " haha yeah here." i hand him my phone. He hands me my phone back and we smile at each other then just laugh. i drive off and smile the whole way home. ive never been this happy in a while. i need someone like this to take my mind off things. it feels good to make new friends.

..

"hey liam is this a bad time?" i whisper on the phone

"no no its perfect actually i'm on my break."

"alright, well i wanted to talk to you about something." i say

"go ahead. say it." he says

"well...I met this guy yesterday." i say smiling

"tessa. after everything thats happened?"

"no no! not like that. were just friends. i just..i'm really happy. i don't really have friends here. so it feels good to have someone to hang out with now."

"well that's great! i'm really happy for you tessa." he says excitedly.

"yeah haha. hes really nice and he's just ugh i dont know. im just going to stop talking before i say something stupid." i say with a laugh.

" i know what you mean. it's good that you meeting new people!"

" i didn't really meet him. we kinda just bumped into each other." i say.

" haha. well hows everything going?" he says.

" well harry signed the divorce papers. i haven't seen him or heard from him in three days." I say. It feels weird actually saying it. Its strange that he hasn't tried to text or call me.

" well i hope everything works out for you and that you're happy." he says.

" Thanks liam" I say with a smile. " It was good talking to ya. Call me soon okay!" i say smiling.

"Will do!"

I hang up. It always brightens my mood talking to liam on the phone. He is always so caring and understands me. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth before crawling up in bed. i check my phone and see a text from harry. my stomach turns when i see his name. i open it up nervously.

*i miss you:( please come back.* i delete the message and block his number. don't go back tessa. be strong and don't go running back to him. I place my phone on the nightstand next to the bed and turn off the lamp. I'm left in the dark with all my thoughts surrounding me.