Chapter 12

Tessa's POV
"Thank you for your time" I say to the old man handing me papers. So glad I got this day over with. It was really hard to do but it had to be done. I can't keep getting hurt by him. Not anymore.

I have no one to talk to about this. Well no one I trust. The only person I could think of was my mom. I grab my phone out of my pocket and dial her number.
She picks up after the second ring.

"Hello? Tessa?" She says worried

"Hey mom, I just wanted to call you to talk about something." I say nervously. The last time I tried to talk to her about Harry, she flipped out.

"Yes, of course. You can talk to me about anything."

"Well...Uhm..Harry and I are getting divorced.." I say in almost a whisper.
There was a moment of silence before she broke it.

"What...I'm gonna kil-"

"Mom don't, this was my choice. Can you just please support me on this" I say louder getting angry with her.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want you to get hurt by him honey. I love you so much and care so much about you. I want you to be happy. So if this is what you want...then i will support you." She says quietly through the phone.

"Thank you. I got the divorce papers today. All that's left to do is have him sign them...which is going to be hard because he is going to try to talk me out of it."

"Well...I can go over there and have him sign them for you so you don't have to see him...only if you want me to" she says hopefully.

"If you don't mind, that would mean so much to me."

"Alright, I'll meet you on Parker road in 30 minutes. See you in a bit! Love you"

I hang up and sigh in relief. I'm so glad she offered. I really didn't want to see him again. Hopefully he will be easy and just sign the paper.

..

30 minutes later I see my mother pull up beside my car. I roll down the window and hand her the papers. I give her a nod telling her to go.

Carols POV

I pull up in front of their house. When I see him I am going to hurt that boy. No, I can't. Tessa will be so disappointed in me. I just need to take this slow. I get out of the car and walk up the sidewalk. I sigh before knocking on the door 3 times.

Harry opens the door in only a pair of black sweats. He looks terrible.

"Hello Harry, I'm only here so you can sign these papers so let's get this over with" I push the door open and pass him.

I open the folder and place out the papers on the kitchen counter. "Alright you just need to sign here, here, and here" I say as I point with my fingers.

"Where's Tessa?" He says with a raspy voice.

"Harry, she's....away." I lie " I have somewhere to be so please hurry up and sign them"

He sighs "do you have a pen?"

"No" I turn around and start searching the drawers around me. I open one up and find a small bag with white powder in it. I pick it up and turn around slowly holding it up. "What is this?"

"Give me that" he says reaching for it but I pull away.

I gasp "have you been taking drugs!"

"It's none of your business so fuck off" he says grabbing the bag out of my hands. He grabs a pen and signs the papers "there now leave" he says handing me the folder.

I grab the folder and walk slowly towards the door. I turn around before walking out "Harry..don't you ever talk, look, or even think about my daughter ever again..or I swear you will regret it" I grab the handle of the door and slam it behind me.