BC52: Dolor (Raven's team)--3

Start from the beginning

He showed them on his scroll.

"Wow, that's almost done, huh?" Yang flipped through them. "I guess you didn't have to do that much to the outside."

"No, but the inside is actually almost done too," Blake said. "I'm really excited. We could start moving people in by next month, they think. The plumbing took the longest part. But would you believe? People have actually donated the other stuff, like extra beds, blankets, clothes. The word spread around Mistral. I never thought people would respond like that, but they really liked the idea. The Faunus in Mistral who've been doing well there gave a lot--but even humans did."

"Well, duh, some of us are way supportive of it." Yang frowned.

"I know, I know, but it's one thing to have people say that, it's another when they actually do something," Blake shrugged. "It's just new for me. I'm sure part of it is that Oscar wrote about it.... I guess he gets regular articles in the papers now."

"I always read his stuff," Neptune said. "I learn things, too, and I was there for some of it.... Oh, you know his book is about ready to be published. Do you think it's going to be weird to read about ourselves?"

"I just can't believe it took this long for the editing and contracting," Yang said. "It's the first book I might ever read because I actually wanted to and wasn't assigned. I know Ruby's got sneak peeks already. He just better not have made me look dumb."

"I do wonder just how brutally honest he'll be," Blake winced. "He promised that he wasn't going to make any of us look bad when he interviewed me, but hearing it outloud myself, I felt really embarrassed about a lot of what I said and did. We thought we had it together so much back then, and, looking back, I wonder how we didn't see it was a bad idea."

"It's not all bad," Neptune said. "There's still things I look back on now and think, 'I'm shocked we got that right.' Especially you girls."

"I'm trying to learn to just take it as it happens," Yang said. "Like with everything else. Mistakes were made, but we still won."

"Yeah, that's what I keep telling her," Sun said. "But Blake cares more about people's opinions than I do."

"I can't help it," Blake shrugged. "So is it just you two?"

"We're waiting for--Oh, there they are." Neptune waved over Mercury and Cinder. Neither of them were looking the least bit happy to be here.

"Are you serious? They came together?" Blake said.

"Huh? Oh, no, not together," Yang said. "I think they just arrived at the same time. They wanted to discuss the mission. Of course those two would be downers when the whole point was to stop thinking about it."

"I thought it went well," Sun said.

"It did, but we saw the weirdest s---," Neptune said. "Like I said, later. I'm trying to block it out right now."

"I'm getting that Sunrise now," Yang said.

"That is non-alcoholic, right?" Blake said.

"Yeah," Yang said, like, "What else would you expect?"

"Then maybe I'll get one too," Blake said. "I am a little sick of bananas."

"I didn't just hear that." Sun was offended.

"I think they have banana smoothies here," Neptune said. "But they're terrible knockoffs compared to Vacuo's, you know. They just aren't fresh."

"I know, man, but if you can't do any better..." Sun shrugged.

"So how's it going with Neptune?" Blake took advantage of being away from the guys to immediately ask Yang.

"Actually, really well," Yang said, sipping her Sunrise. "It's funny, isn't it? I was kinda worried I wouldn't be good at this because of my parents. But I don't know--he's hard to fight with."