Chapter 19: Death Proof (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Scott[cont.]: I'm sorry, that was...

Sandra: No, you're right. I can't imagine what that Blossom girl must be going through. She may not be your girlfriend but it's someone you know and you're right. If someone I knew went through something like that I...

    Scott stops at a red light and looks over at Sandra. As Sandra is trying her best not trying to think about what would've happened if it was someone she knew, she then felt a hand on her shoulder. She opens her eyes and sees that Scott is looking dead at her, with his hand on her shoulder, doing his best to comfort her.

Scott: Hey. Let's not think about it, alright? Let's just move on, like nothing ever happened. Okay?

Sandra: Yeah.

    As they both agree, the light turns green and Scott continues the drive to school.

Scott: By the way, thank you... for stopping me.

Sandra: Don't mention it. By the way, you hear about Jughead?

Scott: No, what?

Sandra: You don't know? He's apart of the Serpents now.

   Scott nearly slammed the brakes, from hearing this news. He had no idea that Jughead was doing this. He was left completely in of the dark, on this whole escapade Jughead was putting himself into.

Scott: What?

Sandra: Yeah. Toni told me that he officially joined, last night. He didn't tell you?

Scott: No, he didn't.

                   - - - - SOUTHSIDE HIGH - - - -
    At school, Jughead is at his locker and is wearing his Southside Serpent Jacket. As he's getting his books out of his locker, he hears a voice behind him.

???: Nice jacket.

   Jughead turns around and sees Scott standing behind him with his arms crossed and one eyebrow raised. Jughead lets out a deep sigh as he closes his locker and walks away.

Jughead: Don't start, please.

Scott: When we're you gonna tell me?

Jughead: I tried. But every time I tried calling, you didn't answer.

Scott: I was... dealing with something. You hear what happened to Cheryl?

Jughead: No, what happened?

    Before Scott could tell him, Archie comes bolting into the school and screaming at the two, to get there attention.

Archie: Jug! Scott! We gotta go, right now.

Jughead: What the hell are you doing here? Betty ask you to throw some salt in the wound?

Scott: What's going on?

Archie: Mayor McCoy's about to raid Southside High. We gotta get you out of here, right now, come on.

Scott: What the hell are you?...

  All of a sudden Mayor McCoy and Sheriff Keller comes marching in, followed by a bunch of other officers behind them. As Mayor McCoy is ordering officers to arrest anyone wearing a Southside Serpent Jacket, Archie attempts to drag Scott and Jughead out of the school. As they near the exit, Scott sees Sandra and Toni walking the halls. This causes Jughead and Scott to alert them and they break away from Archie grips and tries to help them.

Jughead: Toni! Sandra!

     As Toni and Sandra attempt to join the two boys, Archie stops them in their tracks and tries to talk sends into them.