Chapter 14: A Kiss Before Dying (Part 2)

- - RIVERDALE HOSPITAL/WAITING ROOM - -   Later, that same day, more people arrived at the hospital, after word spread around about what happened to Fred Andrews

Later, that same day, more people arrived at the hospital, after word spread around about what happened to Fred Andrews. Suddenly, Sheriff Keller walks into the waiting room as a part of his investigation, into the shooting.

Archie: Sheriff.

Sheriff Keller: How's your dad doing?

Archie: He's still in surgery.

Sheriff Keller: Archie, I know this is a hell of a time for you, but... perhaps we could go somewhere and talk about what happened.

Jughead: Is it cool if we tag along? -

Jughead and Scott walk-up, to join in on finding out what happened. It was the best way Scott could gather any information

Sheriff Keller:,Actually, if you two don't mind...

Archie: Yeah, that'd be great, guys.

- - - - HOSPITAL CAFETERIA- - - -
Later on Archie is giving his recounts to Sheriff Keller on the incident. Jughead is sitting next to Archie, as Scott comes and brings his two friends a snack, from the vending machine.

Archie: He was maybe...pounds or so.

Sheriff Keller: And he was wearing dark pants and a dark jacket? Anything on that jacket? Any symbol or insignia?

Jughead: You mean like a snake?

Archie No, it was just a jacket. No snake.

  Scott then looked over to Jughead, with curiousness. He noticed that this was the second time, he defended the Serpents. Why was he so vehemently defending a gang, he originally didn't want any part of, Scott wondered.

Sheriff Keller: And the ski mask that he had on...

Archie: No, it's not a ski mask. It's a hood, a black hood. Homemade, like he'd cut the eyes out himself. And the guy's eyes were green.

Sheriff Keller: Now, Pop Tate had a fairly good idea of what happened up until when your father was shot. And then, well... There are some gaps. And I need you to help me fill those. What did he do, our masked man?

Archie: After he shot my dad? He... Nothing. He shot my dad, ran out of the diner. Who did this, Sheriff?

Sheriff Keller: Archie, it's just... It's too early to speculate. But this guy, he was probably out of his head on meth or the jingle jangle, some Southside lowlife that was just looking for a cash grab.