Chapter 17: The Town That Dreaded Sundown (Part 3)

- - - -  THE PEMBROKE - - - -     The next morning Scott is in his car, in front of the Pembroke, waiting for Veronica to come in the car

- - - - THE PEMBROKE - - - -
    The next morning Scott is in his car, in front of the Pembroke, waiting for Veronica to come in the car. Once Veronica steps inside, Scott is flabbergasted by the shirt she's wearing. She's wearing a white t-shirt with a giant red circle on it. Scott places his head in his hand, as if this week couldn't get any more tiring.

Scott: What the hell are you wearing?

Veronica: What? You don't think I rock this scoop-neck look?

Scott: I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the target you have drawn on your shirt.

Veronica: Like I said, I'm gonna be a good friend and show moral support. So, I'm an official enforcer of the Red Circle.

Scott: Veronica...

Veronica: Don't worry, I'm not the only one. I managed to convinced Cheryl and the Riverdale Vixens to take part as well.

    Scott is looking head front, shaking his head, when Veronica turns his head, for him to look her in the eye.

Veronica[cont.]: Don't worry I'll be safe, I promise.

   Veronica then leans in to give Scott a reassuring kiss. After the couple kiss Scott pulls away and gives Veronica a nod, reassuring that he trusts her. Scott then starts the car and begins to drive but there was that sense of wanting to keep Veronica safe, but how was he gonna do that if she keeps putting herself in these situations.

- - - SOUTHSIDE HIGH/THE RED AND BLACK - - -
Scott is sitting in the Red and Black offices, alone, when the door opens and Sandra walks inside. Scott is intrigued to see her, as these two never really had time where'd it was just the two of them.

Scott: Hey, what are you doing here?

Sandra: Didn't feel like doing math, so I came here to catch some Z's. You?

Scott: We have a substitute in English class. All he's doing and smoking and making us watch horror movies.

Sandra: Sounds exciting.

There's an awkward silence between the two. None of them knew how to continue this conversation, so Scott decides to get an understanding of what happened last night, at Jughead's trailer.

Scott: So, Jughead told me that the mystery session didn't go as smoothly as he expected. Care to explain?

Sandra: I just don't appreciate these Northside bitches accusing us of all the shit that happens here. Y'know if I recall correctly, a Southsider didn't put a bullet in the back of the Blossom boys head.

Scott: What is this beef you guys have, with the Northside?

Sandra: Northsiders have always looked down on us, like we're trash. Thanks to Alice Cooper, who's sparking those flames even more, the Southside has been a constant scapegoat for everything wrong in this town.