Chapter 22: What Lies Beyond The Sea is Just a Lie

HISTORIA'S POV

I woke up from my slumber because of the glimpse of sunlight shining from the window through in-between the red curtains laced with gold.

It's already morning.

I remove my blanket aside, I stand up off from my bed, and take a very deep breath. I notice that there's a huge mirror right beside me near the window where's the morning light passes.

I saunter towards facing it, the mirror reflects my white sleeping gown, my blue eyes, and my long blonde hair.

I tried smiling, upon realizing I'm actually beautiful, but small.

Being a Queen is not hard as I think it would be, but it's just profoundly boring. All of those paper works and royal decisions shenanigans is nerve-racking. And I need to learn about taxes? I hate taxes, if we can only run the government without taxes people would be happy. Nonetheless the food is unlimited, despite being a Queen I'm still supervised by Dhalis Zachary.

It's more fun being in the Survey Corps.

I can't help but to smile as I walk to my room towards a large window overlooking the castle and the district. Every edge of the window is carved in a royal pattern and on top of it there's a logo of the Wall Rose, Trost district.

And then suddenly it hits me.

Ymir....

My joyful smile diminished

I received the reports yesterday about the Survey Corps operation being commenced and it's a success, I'm really astounded to know that there's no recorded casualties despite of the overwhelming titans outside the Wall Rose.

I sigh in relief

My friends are safe....

And finally the walls are now free from the titans.

As a contribution,
I did everything in my power to increase the annual budget of the Survey Corps even if almost everyone in the council is opposing,
Even Dhalis Zachary.
But yes of course they have no choice I'm the Queen. I can't believe I just had a rough argument with those man.

It's for the Survey Corps to become successful.

I can't help every time I think of the Survey Corps, Commander Erwin always crosses my mind. I can't forget seeing him shirtless inside his office and seems not bothered by my presence, it tells me what kind of Man he is.

I shake my head. No, noo.

I don't know that it looks like that.... it's my first time seeing it.

I feel the heat building up on my face making me flustered.

I shake my head to lose my intrusive thoughts-

Suddenly I hear three consecutive knocks at the door interrupting my monologue.

"Your Majesty... you have a message." Says by a familiar voice outside the door.

"Coming." I say as I quickly run towards the door.

I immediately opened the double wooden door painted in an elegant red, revealing a white bearded Man with glasses wearing a green trench coat.

"Sir Zachary." I greet slightly vowing my head to show respect.

"Your Majesty, good morning." He greets me, at the same time putting his fist on his chest saluting me.
"Alright." He then opens a rolled parchment, adjusting his glasses so he can read it properly.

Clearing his throat he starts. "The Commander of the Survey Corps Erwin Smith will now Commence the 58th expedition outside the Wall Maria. For the first time in history
this a joint expedition that includes the Garrison, Military Police and the Survey Corps. This is made possible in order to see if the books of Eren's father is telling the truth about what is so called the sea and to prove that we are not alone and then finally freedom."