-11-

-3 days later-

Luna paces back and forth in the kitchen, her phone to her ear and deep frowns in her face.

"How when I'm just trying to keep her safe?! Obviously y'all haven't been doing it!" She exclaims, stopping in front of the counter and propping one hand on her hip

"Then you should visit your mother more often! Obviously I can't because I'm in another fucking country, but when I'm home, my house is literally a walk away. Come on," she rolls her eyes, getting more and more agitated as the conversation went on.

"You know what? Fuck it, I won't build the security gate, hire security, none of it. Y'all got it, but if I get a call saying a motherfucking hair on Mahalia Cherry's head is out of place..." Luna explodes, slapping her hand down on the counter and gritting her teeth against the sudden pain.

JK, Tae, and Hobi look at each other in alarm, all unsure of what to do as they watch with wide eyes.

"Consult you?! For what? I didn't consult you when I paid for that house and everything else! I didn't need to consult you when I was buying y'all cars and shit, did I? So kill that noise. I don't give a fuck who you tell. What can she do, whoop me? I'm standing on everything I'm saying because it's true! You're only going so hard for grandma right now because you want to move in the house when she's gone, probably before then. Y'all have never been able to pull the wool over my eyes baby."

"Why I'm being disrespectful?"
she pauses to look at the phone as if her aunt could see her.

"Because you called me talking crazy out the gate. You know by now you get what you give with me." She pauses to listen to the response.

"See now, I don't care. Don't talk to me like I don't have access to a PJ that can get me there stat because you know we can continue this face to face, but we both know you don't want that. Look, I suggest we cut this off right here because I got somewhere to be," she says after seeing the others come downstairs dressed, ready, and concerned.

Not waiting for a response, she hangs up her cellphone and shoves it into her crossbody, taking a few deep, calming breaths.

"Is your hand okay?" JK asks and she nods, flexing it.

"It will be," she sighs, upset with herself for putting her hand in jeopardy. She was so mad she did it without thinking.

"Are you okay?" Tae asks, placing his hands on her shoulders and searching her face intently. He's truly been her anchor these past 3 days, never too far from her and always emotionally available to her. There was something about the simplicity in which he'd just ask her how she felt and practically study her afterwards that made her feel seen.

"I will be," she says after a few beats.

"Remember stank faced Brittany?" she asks and he nods, the small smirk on his face letting her know he was amused at his recollection.

"That was her mom, my aunt Lynn. She's the youngest of my grandma's children so we're pretty close in age. Anyways, long story short, she called to chew me out about considering going against grandma's wishes with the security gate. All my aunts and uncles names are on the land out there so she's saying I should've consulted her first when really her begging ass just wants to stay in grandma's good graces. She wants her house," she says, rolling her eyes.