Come Home To Me

Chapter 28: Come Home To Me

"Hey, talk to me" Stefan says to Elena, kneeling on his knees, facing her. She's in a shock. Stefan keeps looking for an answer from Elena. Minutes later she finally makes eye contact with Stefan.

"I'm okay. I just need....." She pauses. She puts her hand on Stefan's shoulder and the other one brings on her mouth.

Stefan squints his eyes in concern. Elena makes Stefan move as she rushes to reach into the bathroom.

Stefan stands outside. "Elena, are you okay in there?" He knocks on the door. He hears Elena throwing up. He gets tensed.

He waits outside until Elena comes out. She wipes her mouth with a towel. "I had a cheeseburger before I came in. My stomach didn't like it" she tells Stefan. Stefan nods, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. She looks pale. "Let's get you home" Stefan says. Elena protests. "I can't just go home and pretend like nothing happened. He said Elia will be hurt again. It happened once I'm not going to let it happen to her twice."

"I promise, Elena. Nothing's going to happen to her. But let's just get you home, okay? You need rest" Stefan says. Elena shoves his hand off of her shoulder. "No, I need answers. I have to know what the Gilberts did that cause my daughter's life" she says taking her jacket on her hand. Stefan sighs. "I'll go with you" he says. Elena stops. "No, I can't handle it on my own" Stefan walks behind her. "No, don't push me away. Not now. You need me just as much I need you" Stefan says. Elena closes her eyes. He can't let her do anything, not after knowing there's a risk grooving around. "Fine but no interference" Elena points at Stefan. Stefan closes his eyes and nods. "Totally."

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Hey, you awake" Lexi says bringing fruits for Elia. "I don't remember the last time I left this bed" Elia giggles. "You need rest baby" Lexi says sitting on the edge of the bed, puts her hand on Elia's knee.

"I know." She rolls her eyes. Lexi brings a piece of apple near Elia's mouth as she takes it in. "For the record I'm tired of apples too" Elia makes a disgust face. Lexi tilts her head. "You need these." Elia grunts.

"Ummm, can I ask you something!" Lexi asks. Elia nods. "Yeah!" She says sweetly. "You said you know about us. Your parents. Our real identities. How? Cause last I checked you weren't fan of your parents. Specially not Elena's" Lexi says.

Elia licks her lips. "I had a doubt for a very long time. I knew none of you does normal people's work. You all always gave me those spy agents feel. But I didn't look that away. Because I was so busy being a broken teenager" she says.

Lexi keeps her eyes lock at her. "Then a month ago I went into your room for some of my school documents and I accidentally find some files and read them thinking they could be my school documents" she says. Lexi looks at her now widely. Because those documents were really important and personal. It carries each of them's informations and many things. "Elia.. you shouldn't.." Lexi interrupts. "I'm sorry. You weren't home and I needed to submit my documents." Elia cuts her off. "Then what happened?" Lexi asks.

"Then few days later I overheard you and mom's conversation that she needed to protect me for something so I guess everything my parents have been doing, they're doing it for me. And then I died" she announces causing Lexi gasp. "And I came back to life. I don't want to waste anytime hating on my parents while I know how much of an angel they're in my life" Elia's eyes fall.

"Elia, look at me" Lexi brings her hands in hers. "You get to live. Your parents will be by your side, me and uncle Damon, uncle Klaus and aunt Caroline. You'll finish your graduation, get a job, get married, give birth to precious babies and you'll die at your old age. So, don't ever think you need to be close to us just because you're going to die soon" Lexi squeezes her hands. Elia sighs. She has the doubt of not able to live in this world for a long time.

"Thanks, lex. I love you" she says throwing her arms at Lexi's shoulder. Lexi welcomes her in her arms.

XXXXXXXXXXX

"Is that all?" Elena asks taking the files in her hands. The guy nods. "Thanks, Jack for giving these in such a short notice" Elena says. "That's my duty to do" Jack says before he leaves.

"Where did you get all these?" Stefan asks looking at the papers but seems like documents or some old journals pages.

"We're spies, Stefan" she reminds him. Stefan scoffs. They go through the papers together. Elena opens each and every paper.

Gilberts has robbed a bank. Jonathan Gilbert was shot dead by a police. Grayson Gilbert won the Harper Avery award this year.

"Is Jonathan..." Stefan pauses while saying. "My uncle. My parents said he died because of lung cancer. What's all these!! He's involved in robberies?" She asks herself.

Jonathan Gilbert shot a passer by. Jonathan Gilbert has found guilty for assaulting a twelve year old girl and sentenced to serve 6 six years in jail

"Oh God" Elena brings her hand on her throat. "Elena, I'm so sorry" Stefan says warily. Elena starts pacing. "Because of that sick man my daughter's been going through hell. That man has ruined so many lives. My step father ruined my childhood and now Jonathan's victims are coming for my daughter to take their revenge." She whimpers. "Elena, we'll figure everything out. Just have patience" Stefan says. Elena's mouth is gaping as she's still trying to process everything.

Stefan phone rings. Elena looks at him. Stefan expression changes. "In the north? You sure?" He asks. "Okay, I will be there" Stefan hangs up. "What?" Elena asks.

"I need to go to the north, now" Stefan says already picking up his things. "No, you don't. And don't even" he warns when Elena tries to speak to take her with him.

"You need to go back to Elia. Lexi's alone home with her. You have to be there. Klaus and Damon are already heading in the north. I have to join them now. They say that's where the bastard is living" Stefan says scrunching his nose.

Elena puts her hand out of frustration. "Be safe" Elena says thinking he needs this. Stefan strokes Elena's cheek and gently kisses her lips. She welcomes it, holding his wrist. "I love you" Stefan says. Elena sallows. Why is he saying this right now. They've plenty of times to confess to each other unless he thinks he's not going to make it.

"I need you to tell me this when you'll come home safe to me." She says resting her forehead against his. Stefan sighs. "Take care" he kisses Elena one last time as he turns back and walks as fast as he can.

Thanks for reading please vote and review.