Move In

Chapter 21: Move In

"Stefan" Elena yells excitedly when she finds him in the parking lot. She nearly jumps into his arms. Stefan has to take few step backwards to keep his balance. "I thought something terrible happened to you" she says sighing in his arms. Stefan holds her tight in his arms. He sighs too.

They break the hug. "We need to get outta here, now" Stefan orders to Elena. Elena squints her eye. "What happened?" She asks. Stefan shakes his head. "Now, it's not the time to discuss everything. Get in the car." He says already walking to get the door open. Elena nods and immediately gets in.

He drives faster. Elena's heart is racing. "What happened, tell me?" Elena asks. "We've to move in with Elia" Stefan says. "What? Why?" Elena asks in confused.

"Elena" Stefan looks at her and brings his hand to caress Elena's cheek. He gently slides his hand down. "Do you trust me?" He asks.

Elena says nothing. Stefan looks at her and looks at the road waiting for an answer from her. "Do you?" He asks. Does she? Yes, she did. Once. Put all of her faith, trust on him but all he did was breaking them.

"Tell me, why do we need to move in with Elia?" She asks. Stefan lick his lips. "I just want to have some quality time with my family" he says. Elena scoffs "We're barely a family, Stefan. I'm not your wife. Our daughter hates us. We're still talking to each other is because we have her." Elena says crossing her arms.

"Well, you always fight with me like a wife" Stefan jokes. Elena roll her eyes. "No, asshole. We're not a couple. I fight with you because I hate you. It's hard for me to even breath around you" Elena says looking away.

"Yeah, that's correct. It was hard for you breath last night when I was inside of you" Stefan chuckles. Elena's mouth gaps "Last night was a mistake. I missed sex so I slept with you because I've done it with you ages ago" Elena spits out. "Ouch! I feel used now" Stefan makes a face like she just hurt him with her words.

"Tell me. Why do we need to move in with Elia? She has never been with anyone else but Lexi. She'd never agree with live with us" Elena reminds him. "I'll handle it" Stefan says. "No, I'm not going to take my daughter away from Lexi." Elena argues. "It's for the best. Why don't you understand that I'm doing this to protect Elia" Stefan slaps on the steering wheel angrily causing Elena to yelp. Elena can see Stefan's anger but also can see his fear. It's not hidden that they're actually very close to the truth and it's dangerous. He's coming for them. Elena doesn't dare to ask anymore question. The rest of the driveway, they say nothing.

XXXXXXX

"No, I'm not moving with them. I barely know them" Elia paces behind Lexi while Lexi starts packing her backpack. "They're your parents" Lexi reminds her. "But you're my legal guardian" Elia reminds her too. "And they've the power to take it back from me" Lexi smiles. "Don't make me go with them. I don't understand why do I have to move in with them. They can stay here. It's a big house" Elia scoffs. She just can't believe she has to live with her parents at this age. She doesn't know anything about them. All of a sudden living with them is something she never wanted in her life at all.

"Babygirl" Lexi put her hands on Elia's shoulder, making her face up at her. "I know it's hard but trust me whatever this is.. going to be okay. All your life you wanted your parents by your side, don't you?" Lexi asks. Elia nods. Yes, she did. Many times. She'd cry, roll on the floor when she saw them leaving. She was just a child. She remembers how Elena turned back at her when Elia screamed to take her with Elena. She saw tears in Elena's eyes. But when she grew up all she knew it was fake, Elena was faking it otherwise what kinda mother could just leave her child to someone else.

"I just want you to be nice with them. Remember I raised you. I raised you the best because you're the best. Don't make them say that I raise you wrong" Lexi says kissing Elia's forehead. Elia close her eyes. "Thank you, aunt Lexi, for everything. I'm sorry that you've to sacrifice so many things just to raise me." Elia says as a tear drop out of eye. "I'd sacrifice everything to keep you in my life" Lexi says stroking Elia's cheek.

Elia can hear the car sound. She opens the window. "They're here" Elia says sadly. Lexi pets her back. "Let's go"

Elena gets out of the car when she sees Elia coming out of the house. Stefan's already walking towards them. "Hey, Lex" Stefan says. "Elia" Stefan says softly. Elia chooses not to greet him.

"Hi, dad" Elia says when Lexi gives an eye to her. Stefan opens his arm. Elia hugs him, barely. Elena is already embracing Lexi. "Thank you for doing everything in such a short time" Elena says. Elia looks everywhere but at her mom because she's still uncomfortable. She just wants to run away than living with her parents.

"Shall we?" Elena says awkwardly. She still doesn't know how to interact with her daughter or maybe her daughter doesn't want her to. Elena brushes her hand on Elia's arm. Elia gives a hard approving smile. Stefan's already holding her back taking it on the car.

"Be nice" Lexi says hugging Elia. "Just remember I'm just one block away. Don't disappoint me. And you can come back to me anytime" Lexi says. Elia nods. "Now, you can do Uncle Damon without any interruption" Elia winks. Lexi squints her eye and laughs. Elena can hear. They seem so happy. They really seem the mother daughter duo. Deep down from Elena's heart, it aches because it was supposed to be her and Elia not Lexi and Elia. But she's not allowed to feel this way because she gave her up. She can't help being a jealous mother either.

Elia gets into the car and waves at Lexi. Lexi wipes her tear as she waves them back, watches them leave.

Thanks for reading please vote and review.