What I'm Entering Into My Towns Writing Contest :D

Living Together: A Flower Husbands One-Shot

Jimmy's Perspective-

I sighed and placed the last box down before wiping the sweat off of my face.

"Well," Scott sighed, looking around, "This is our place now."

"It sure is."

Scott smiled up at me and I wrapped my arm around him.

The sky turned into a beautiful array of orange and purple as the sun set slowly in the distant sky. 

Together, Scott and I walked into our new home.

We were settling down and starting a new chapter in our lives, one that included the two of us.

We had been together for a while now, but now our lives were finally starting to feel real.

We had been through a lot since we first met.

Scott and I had gone through so much together, and now it was finally time for us to settle down and start life for ourselves.

The two of us had been working on putting a down payment down for our first home together.

Scott walked into the kitchen and put a box down.

He took out scissors and opened up the box before taking out a mug and unwrapping it.

I walked over to help him put everything away.

After a bit of this, we took a break to grab something for dinner, when we were surprised hear the door open to my older sister and her husband.

"Jimmy!" Lizzie and Joel smiled, hugging me tightly.

"Hey guys!" I smiled, hugging back.

Lizzie then looked around.

"Wow, nice place you got here." She said.

I chuckled, "It's nothing big, but it's just perfect for me and Scott."

"Speaking of which, where is Scott?" Joel asked.

"I'm right here!" Scott smiled, walking over to us.

"Hey Scott!" She smiled, hugging Scott.

"Hey Lizzie! Hey Joel! What are you two doing here?"

"Coming to check up on you two. I also brought some food." Lizzie said.

"Oh really? That's great, thanks!" I said.

Lizzie smiled and nodded.

Joel then looked at me.

"Need some help unpacking your stuff?"

I shrugged, "Sure."

We walked to my bedroom, and I walked over to one of the boxes, peeling it open and taking out its contents. 

"So, when're you going to do it?" He asked.

I felt my face flush red.

"D-do what?" I asked nervously.

Joel gave me a look and I sighed.

"I'm not sure," I conceded. "There's enough going on, and I just want to find a good job so we can have a stable life. After that, I think I could do it."

Joel smiled softly and patted my back.

"Let me know when the wedding is, once you do it," he said, winking as he left.

I rolled my eyes and took out a picture from the box.

I smiled at it.

It was a picture of me and Scott after graduation.

Just looking at the photo made me remember how much I loved him.

I put the photo on the shelf and then walked out to the kitchen, where everyone was talking.

Me and Scott made eye contact and he walked over to me.

"You ready to start this new adventure?" I asked, "This is a big step."

"It's home?" Scott asked.

I smiled and wrapped my arm around him, kissing his forehead.

"Home."

I love you.

YEAH IT'S GAY WOOOOOO!!!!
I was gonna do Boat Boys but...Etho's not really like a...common name....so-

Anyway the details of the contest is that there are 8 rounds and and each time they give us different pictures to write too. Idk if I'll pass the first round and even if I don't, I'm glad someone read my Flower Husbands work >:DDDD

and anyway if I win I will get Amazon gift cards, a tuition to an online writing workshop, and honorable mentions. And top four stories will win an interview and publication of their stories.

It's 8 rounds and honestly I'll be happy if I get to round 2 /gen