QUATRE

THIRD PERSON~~

It seemed as if Britt was not the only one who was nervous. As the night went on each sibling rose,made a dumb excuse and hurriedly left the place. Soon enough the only person sitting by the fire was a confused Diana. "Did they really hate it that much." She asked herself. As she made to put out the fire, a strong gust of wind blew, putting out the fire and knocking Diana out.

Minutes later, the raven haired girl woke up in a dark room, the only source of light coming from an oddly shaped door. She looked around as she tried to recall how she got there. Nothing. Her mind was blank. She stopped observing the place and shifted her attention to the only door in the eerily dark place. The more she looked, the more the shape of the door made sense. It was the yin yang sign with all the zodiac signs and an abstract drawing of the sun and the moon opposite to each other.

Her legs automatically moved to the door on their own, which creeped the light out of her. Upon her arrival, the door opened and her body once again moved on its own. Once in the surprisingly bright room, the door closed behind her with a slight bang. She had to blink several times to get her eyes adjusted to the blindingly white room. After taking her precious time to balance her vision, she felt her life flash before her eyes as she stood face to face with a tiger. She knew her animals very well and that was no ordinary tiger. It was an Amur tiger.
♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦

DIANA ~~

I wanted to freeze there or pretend as if I was dead but something told me to stay. For some reason I wanted to challenge this tiger and it freaked me out. Judging by it's size, it's a female. Females are sensitive right?

It would have pity on me right? Or did that rule only apply to humans. Probably. Who am I kidding, it's a fucking tiger! It doesn't care. As I continued my internal battle on whether I should escape or challenge it, the animal advanced towards me. Either way I would end up dying. If I tried to run, it'd catch up with me and if I tried to challenge I would turn into tiger food.

So I stood rooted in my spot as it was now a meter away from me. It looked like it was eyeing me from head to toe. "You don't look worthy of me at all." If I thought I was gonna run mad taking care of my brothers, I was right. Did this tigress just talk? No, I'm probably hearing things. That's right people, I've finally lost it. Wait, wait,wait, wait, waiiiiiiit a minute, did she call me unworthy? Of her? I did not care if this animal could rip my head off it's hinges, I gladly said what was on my mind.

"Bitch, who the fuck you think you are? The fact that you could kill me any second from now don't do any shit to me." The second part was a complete lie but it didn't need to know that. The animal gave me a once-over again and started circling me. "You've got the right attitude at least." It came back to my front.

"What is all this? Where am I? Who are you?"

"I'm your animal spirit" was the only response I received.

"Huh?" Was all that came out of my mouth.

"You're not as smart as you look." It said with an uninterested look on its face. "How am I supposed to know this when I've never even heard of it." I raised a brow at it. It looked as if it it was pondering over something.

"Listen and listen well. In another universe exists spirits that are sent to this universe to assist the living creatures. Not many people know about animal spirits. It all started in Asia. Your family holds a very important link to us. People can either be blessed with an animal or chosen by one. You have been chosen by me. That's all I can say for now. Understood?"

"No."

"Good."

And before I knew what was happening I was out of that room. My eyes opened minutes later and I find myself in another room. Britt's room to be exact. He was the only one in the room. "Britt?" The speed in which he turned his head, I feared for his neck.

He rushed to my side. "Are you okay? Do you need anything?" Worry filled his chocolate eyes. "I'm fine, I'm fine. But I have something to tell you." Britt is my go to person. He is the least annoying out of all my siblings. I tell him everything and anything. "Something about an animal spirit?" He asked. "How'd -" "you were mumbling things in your sleep. Sounded like you were talking to someone." He continued. What did I say?

I sat upright in his bed. "I know this might sound weird but I saw a tigress. It was talking to me. It said a lot of things I  dont understand nor believe. The only thing I remember clearly was that she said she was my animal spirit." I told him everything. He looked at me with a weird glint in his eye.

"Guess I'm not alone then."