Chapter - 18: It's Show Time

Start from the beginning

She moved away to check on the options sent by the designer for both her and Abhinav. She chose one for him and came to him with the outfit in her hands.

"Try karlijiye ise. Sham ko kahi jaana hai." she informed him.

"Kahan?" he asked.

"Wahin, jahan log humein nahi, hum logon ko dekhne jaa rahe hai" she gave a twisted answer.

"Designer bahar intezaar kar rahi hai. Alterations karwa lijiyega" saying so, she walked into the anti-room to try her outfit.

Abhinav stopped using his brain and went on to follow her instructions. Akshara was checking herself out in the floor length mirror and mused at herself. She was very well maintained and could give any young chick a run for her money. She had butterflies in her stomach. An unknown excitement created havoc in her heart and soul. She didn't know what was that all about because she had better things to take care of. It was Show time.

At SVM:

Roohi and Abhir were sitting on their regular bench under the tree. Roohi was fidgeting with her fingers a lot. She wasn't talking or responding to him. She didn't even grace him with a look from the past 20 minutes. She had bunked her last period and came lokking for Abhir. He was in the basket ball court, practicing with his team when he saw Roohi worried. He excused himself and rushed to her immediately. He didn't even think of changing out of his sweaty sports gear. He followed her wordlessly and sat beside her.

20 minutes later, they were still sitting there doing nothing. He ran out of patience.

"Di! What's wrong? Kabse yahi baithein hai chup chap...Bolo na kya scene hain?" he asked breaking the silence. She looked at him, anxiety evident in her eyes. He sighed.

"Di! Aap Rockstar ho yaar. Aap aise kaise nervous ho sakte ho. Do din se itni practice ki aapne. You were super happy about your outfit and look also. Ab woh excitement kahan hai?" he tried to make her talk.

"I am feeling very anxious, as if my stomach has some knots in it. I never felt like this before any of my performances. I don't want to screw this up." She let her emotions out.

"Di! There is always a first time for everything. It's show time! Aap itna nervous ho rahe ho, this shows the importance it has in your life. You worked so hard for it. Dad kehte hai na, hard work will always yield, if not now then pretty soon." He mimiced his father making Roohi burst in laughter.

"Tujhe itni mehnat se imitate karne ki koi zarurat nahi, tu hai hi unka xerox copy. Tu normally bhi bolega na, aisa lagega ki Poppy bol rahe hai. Ek baar tera baby voice mature hojaye, it will be so tough to differentiate between the two of you." she teased him.

Now that's what he liked to see.

"Aapne last hour bunk kiya na?" Abhir asked with a hint of mischief in his eyes.

"Main attendance manage karwalungi. I am the Cultural President for heaven's sake. Mere paas aur bhi kaam hote hain" she tried to give an impression that she didn't care.

"Poppy ko bhi wahi boldena. I am sure he will understand" he mocked her.

"Tu sabke saath aisa kyun nahi hai? Itna seedha banta hai aur aaj jab mera performance hai in few hours, tu mujhe blackmail kar raha hain?" She scoffed making Abhir laugh at her. She looked so cute when she was annoyed.