Chapter-9: Extended Family

At SVM:

The drive to the college was very entertaining. Abhir and Abhimanyu grooved to their favourite music with full energy. The moment they realized, they reached the college, disappointment flashed on their faces. But they sighed and complained how unfair life was to them for ruining their moment but moved on when Roohi came into sight. Abhir rushed out while Abhimanyu parked the car. Roohi had just sent Soha away assuring her that she will soon join her.

She has been waiting for 15 minutes now, she didn't want her friend to wait and be late because of her. Abhir and Roohi hugged each other as if they have met after God knows how many weeks. Abhimanyu smiled at his children from distance and captured the moment in his mobile. Such candid pictures capture real emotions and they are the best memories one can collect. He would cherish all these beautiful memories with the happy faces forever.

Abhimanyu saw Roohi whacking Abhir and he instantly knew that his kid told her everything that happened in the morning. That's how they were. Just can't keep things from each other. As soon as Roohi saw Abhimanyu, she first hugged him tight and then started complaining,

"Poppy! Yeh mera Bhai itna stupid kaise hain? Sab college mein isko mysterious bolte hain, they want to know him and be like him but yeh kaam saare budhu wale karta hain" she whacked him again.

"Di! Maine aapse share kiya aur aap mera hi mazaak uda rahe ho. Get lost. Mujhe nahi baat karni aapse." Abhir said and swatted her hand away. Roohi chuckled. 

"Aree! Kabhi kabhi toh tu chance deta hai mujhe aise chidane ka warna toh tu perfectionist hai. Har baar toh mujhe hi tujhe phasane keliye mehnat karni padti hai. Aaj tune khud se bewakoofi ki. Main toh celebrate karungi" she teased him. 

"Bas karo Ru! Kyun pareshan kar rahe ho aap ise?" Abhimanyu tried to interject. 

"Poppy aap! Aapne ise aise hi jane diya? Main hoti toh kitna gussa hote aap. Mujhe ek din toh lag hi jaata aapko manane mein. Yeh unfair hain. Use aapne sirf weight training se ban kiya hai. Aap partiality kar rahe ho" she stomped her feet and complained rather cutely. 

Abhir was stunned. Only his Di can flip the situation and make it all about herself. She was pleading unfairness and was demanding justice. He looked at his father worriedly. He didn't want to miss gym completely but if his father changed his decision, he would have to abide by that willingly or not. Abhimanyu looked at his kids' faces and shook his head in disbelief. One was fooling around while the other fell for the act and looked too worried.

Abhimanyu slowly pulled Roohi closer and gently tugged both her cheeks with his palms and while playfully squeezing them said,

"Acha bachu! Main partiality karta hoon. Yeh toh zyaakthi hai na aapke saath! Ek kaam karo is baar aap iski punishment decide karo" Abhir's eyes widened while Roohi had a mischievous grin on her face. But that didn't stay for long because Abhimanyu's next words put her in a spot. 

"Next time aap kuch karoge toh Abhir aapki punishment decide karega. Fair deal. What say?" Abhir was enjoying this conversation now, his worry long gone. His father was too good. He knew exactly what to say when to his children.

Abhimanyu gave a small kiss on her forehead and left her cheeks. She pouted. She could never win against her father in words. He was always too sharp to fall for her antiques. Abhimanyu smiled and hugged both his children. They were his lifelines in the truest sense. They gave him the hope and motivation to get back at challenges and stand strong. They actually saved him from absolute misery and gave him a reason to smile and rebuild. He would do absolutely anything for them.