As soon as I said those words, I suddenly questioned myself. What the hell is wrong with me? Why did I fall in love with a man like Killian Romanov? I admit that I knew there was already something different about him but it didn't stop me from developing feelings for him. Maybe because I've felt how to be with him, how caring and thoughtful he was, and how to be loved by him.

Kaya sa kabila ng mga takot ko, ng mga naranasan ko... My stubborn heart was still beating for him.

"I'll tell you everything later," I said.

When I looked at Annika again, she seemed surprised at first. But then, she flashed me a relieved smile.

Ah... That's right. I still have a friend. Hindi ko kailangang sarilinin 'to. I can confide everything with her.

Annika decided to have a sleepover at the house. Para raw makapagkwento ako nang maayos. May pakiramdam daw kasi s'yang magiging mahaba ang kwento ko kaya hindi na muna nagpakwento kaninang nasa university kami. Isa pa, nandoon si Killian. Sa palagay ko rin ay hindi ko masasabi sa kanya ang lahat kung nasa paligid lang ang pinag-uusapan naming.

There wouldn't be any problem though. Wala naman kaming pasok bukas.

Annika was quiet as I told her what happened. She was just listening intently, lying on the bed while I was sitting up, my back on the headboard, and I was hugging my pillow.

"I knew it," Annika said when I finished talking. "Of all the rumors I've heard about the Romanovs, they being in the Mafia is the one I actually believed."

"Really?"

She nodded eagerly.

"Yes!" Natigilan s'ya saglit. She then shrugged her shoulders. "Oh, but I also believed about Kill's cock piercing though, but of course, it'd be better if I see it to confirm, right?"

Napapikit ako nang mariin. I groaned in annoyance.

Trust Annika to make every conversation lewd.

"Annika, that's not even our topic."

Kahit naman alam kong may ideya si Annika na may nangyari na sa 'min ni Killian, I didn't want to be detailed about it. I didn't want to share it. I'm not... comfortable.

And I guess, I was being selfish too. Gusto ko, sa amin lang 'yon ni Killian. It was a precious moment for me.

"But it's one of the rumors about him," she reasoned. Nang tingnan ko s'ya nang masama ay tumikhim s'ya. "Right. As I've said, I quickly believed that rumor about them. That Romanov is a Bratva family. I didn't even doubt it though I'm not sure where and how the rumor started. I didn't know if someone confirmed it but that rumor goes around a lot. I think it's because many believed it too."

"Even though it wasn't really confirmed?"

She nodded.

"I guess there wouldn't be any confirmation needed. I mean it's quite obvious. Just one look at both brothers and anyone would know that they're powerful and... dangerous."

"That's what I thought too!" I said with so much enthusiasm that Annika eyed me.

Nagulat lang kasi ako! Hindi ko kasi alam na ganoon din pala ang tingin ni Annika sa mga Romanov. She likes them. And then she even implied that that's what everyone thought. It means that I'm normal! I was even worried that something might've been wrong with me dahil sa nararamdaman ko para kay Killian.

But... Annika didn't see what I saw. It was only me who saw what Killian did and how brutal he can be. Normal pa rin ba kung sa kabila ng mga 'yon, hindi man lang nabawasan ang nararamdaman ko sa kanya?